Chapter 14

private chat:

Clarke: is it possible to die from embarrassment?

Clarke: bc I think I will
delivered at 12:54 am

Clarke: hey stranger? Are you there?
delivered at 1:01 am

"Is everything okay?" Clarke looked up at the brunette that was watching her in confusion "Yeah, yeah everything's okay. Sorry" she smiled slightly at her and took another sip of water "Waiting for a text?" the girl added and Clarke shook her head "Nothing important, don't worry" she looked at her bottle thinking about the stranger to whom she was getting so attached to in such a short time. Maybe she was already asleep. Maybe she was just busy with her friends. Maybe her phone was turned off. Or maybe she realized how weird the situation between them was and decided to stop texting.

Clarke spoke again "Listen uh, I'm sorry about what happened earlier" Lexa frowned "For dragging you to the dance floor, I was drunk" the blonde was looking everywhere but in the other's eyes as she talked, Lexa put a hand on her shoulder to reass...

Clarke spoke again "Listen uh, I'm sorry about what happened earlier" Lexa frowned "For dragging you to the dance floor, I was drunk" the blonde was looking everywhere but in the other's eyes as she talked, Lexa put a hand on her shoulder to reassure her "Why would I complain about dancing with such a cute girl like you?" Clarke blushed hard fortunately the room was too dark for the brunette to see, their smiles widened when blue met green again. They stayed still for interminable moments and it felt like no one else was there, the music slowed down and Lexa blinked going back to reality. She offered Clarke a hand "May I have this dance m'lady?" the other rolled her eyes at her attitude and grabbed her hand before walking towards the dance floor.

 She offered Clarke a hand "May I have this dance m'lady?" the other rolled her eyes at her attitude and grabbed her hand before walking towards the dance floor

The two girls danced all night long, even as the lights were turned back on they kept dancing, even when everyone was going home they kept dancing. They didn't care about what was happening, in that moment they were in their own bubble of peace. Blue and green melted in each other over and over again, familiar feelings of happiness running up and down the girls bodies as they looked in each other's eyes while dancing. And it was beautiful.