Chapter 49

"Am I disturbing?" Lexa didn't even say 'hi' she just asked what she needed to know "No of course not, I had troubles finding my phone that's all" Clarke answered, laughing anxiously before continuing "So how was work?" Lexa scoffed "That's definitely a topic that I don't wanna talk about, I need to distract myself from work. Also I have my guitar, weren't you dying to hear me play?" a smile appeared on Clarke's face as her mind drifted once again to that afternoon a few days before "Yeah, I'm so so curious" Lexa fixed herself on the chair that she was sitting on and spoke again "I'm gonna play a... song that I'm trying to write, it's not much but we could say that it's special" Clarke's silence had been her cue to gently start strumming.

"Hey there dear stranger
I'm glad you found my number
just want you to know that I'll always remember
our late night talks on the phone
and how with you I just feel at home

Hey there dear stranger
I know it's not been that long
but you're the reason why I'm writing this song
it's like I've known you all my life
and there isn't a thing about you that I don't like"

Hey there dear strangerI know it's not been that longbut you're the reason why I'm writing this songit's like I've known you all my lifeand there isn't a thing about you that I don't like"

"This is it for now, it's not much I know" Clarke was stunned, she blinked a few times and managed to say something after a long moment of silence "Woah that's- L-stranger. Stranger you're so good..." phew, that was a close one. She thought hoping that Lexa hadn't noticed it. The brunette giggled putting down the instrument "I'm glad you liked it babe" "Clarke's smile widened even more "So now it's babe?" Lexa blushed at Clarke's mischievous tone "Maybe, I'll have to see which causes the best reaction".

"Stop being so cheesy" Clarke giggled "Why should I stop? You can fool yourself but you can't fool me, I know you love my nicknames" Lexa's voice was confident and the blonde instant reaction was to sigh. This situation was too hard, too painful and not at all necessary. She had to figure out a way to fix everything.

"Hey maybe one day I could teach you how to play" Lexa spoke again bringing her back to reality.

She definitely had to.

****

Heya fellow supporters :D
Yesterday I wrote the last chapter of this story and it's weird not having new chapters to think about now... Don't worry tho it's not gonna end anytime soon, we could say that y'all are halfway through the whole story so good luck with this journey!
Keep the comments coming, I love reading your reactions

-Sam