17. Storm

17. Storm

And suddenly you wake up in the middle of the night and you know you're not the same young man you were a few days ago, the one who promised his parents to take his time with everything. Because when I opened my eyes, I saw the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. And it lay sleeping, smiling and caressing my abs in my arms. My angel Zhan!

At that moment, when I looked at my sleeping angel, I knew, now it doesn't matter what is coming, now nothing can separate us. All my thoughts, worries and fears were gone and there was nothing left but love. Just as I had dreamed for six long years. And also the question "What now?" was gone. I don't need to know the answer because, from now on, Zhan and I are walking our future together as a couple.

After six years, I finally have what I have been longing for. I can hold my dream man in my arms. And everything else comes naturally. From now on, Zhan and I can plan together. And at that moment, when I was really, really aware of it, I finally felt that feeling of happiness that I thought would make me feel like I could fly.

The feeling of happiness spread throughout my body as I put my arms around Zhan, placed a kiss on his forehead, and whispered, "Finally. Finally, we're together." I closed my eyes again, thought of the night ahead, and fell back asleep with a smile.

Around 10 am we woke up as a violent thunderstorm passed over us. It thundered so loud and strong that the whole house vibrated slightly. And as I was used to, I wanted to get up immediately. But Zhan held me tightly, pushing me back onto the bed with his body, lying on top of me and whispering, "Not so fast." And then kissed me.

I held him in my arms, spun him around, and then lay on top of him, whispering, "I'll handle it from here."

Zhan grinned and replied, "It's about time. I'm looking forward to tonight."

"Me too. Now let's get up and all have breakfast together before Emma leaves."

"Oh yeah, there was something." Replied Zhan.

I know he's still mad at Emma but, somehow I hope they can make up before she leaves. I don't know what she was like before she came here and jealously watched the man she's in love, get into a relationship with another man. But there must be a reason that she became Zhan's best friend.

And who knows, maybe someday she will be able to overcome her feelings and we can start all over again, as friends.

The thunderstorm was right above us, crashing and flashing incessantly. I have never experienced such a strong thunderstorm before. Therefore, Zhan and I also refrained from taking a shower and washed ourselves so thoroughly before going to the women who were sitting in the living room. And at that moment when we arrived at them and Suri explained that there was a thunderstorm warning, the power went out.

It thundered so incredibly hard that one of the four small windows on the front door shattered. The glass fell to the floor with a clatter. The wind was so strong that it pushed open a window and the lightning was so bright that it hurt my eyes.

I connected my cell phone to my headphones, turned on the radio on it and set it to loud. The news was advising residents and guests in this region to stay home and not leave unless absolutely necessary, as the weather is expected to worsen. All flights have been canceled until the afternoon and how things will go from there would remain to be seen.

We walked to the porch door and looked out to the sea. Dark black clouds covered the sky. The waves were incredibly large. Lightning shot along the black sky and every now and then one would go down. It was so dark outside that we could even see the light of the lighthouse in the distance.