26. The big day

When I entered the wedding hall, I was speechless. Everything was beautifully decorated and coordinated. Roses wherever you looked. And several cute red rose bears with white rose bellies sat spread out in the hall, surrounded by a flood of pink, white and red rose petals.

Silk scarves hung from the ceiling in a warm red and large pictures of Zhan and me had been placed everywhere. The red carpet down the aisle looked very classy. Every single chair had been covered with a white silk cover. Although everything was decorated, it didn't look cluttered, but inviting.

Our guests arrived one by one and I could hardly wait to finally see Zhan in his wedding suit. Unfortunately, we hadn't been allowed to spend the night together before our wedding, which meant I barely slept.

Cheng messaged me earlier saying that Zhan looks AMAZING and also can't wait to see me and that they are on their way.

I myself am wearing a black suit that was specially tailored for me. I know that Zhan's suit is white and also perfectly tailored for him. He didn't want to tell me more.

Our parents sit in traditional dress in front of the wedding hall and welcome our guests. My brother and Cheng assign the guests their seats.

The hall was filling up and there was a lot of talking. I stood there watching everything with my heart pounding. I was so nervous and didn't know what else to do but stare at the door. Seungyoun who is my best man is unfortunately with Wooseok all the time instead of standing with me.

I was about to scold Seungyoun and tell him that today his place is by my side when I saw a very familiar face. Suri. My best friend who said she couldn't come is here!

Suri ran up to me and almost jumped into my arms, "You didn't really think I was going to miss out on my best friend and big brother's wedding did you? Unfortunately, I had to lie a little bit to be able to surprise you."

I was so happy to see her that I hugged her tightly. Then Suri turned to Seungyoun and called out to him, "You're OUT as best man. You're doing a shitty job. Yibo is standing here all alone, even though you should be standing here by his side. I'll take over now and stand by Yibo as his maid of honor."

Seungyoun came to us and apologized to me. He said that Wooseok was not feeling well and that was why he was with him all the time. "Oh don't come up with excuses now. You forgot your duty as Yibo's best man. If it weren't for his big brother and Cheng, Yibo wouldn't have even had a bachelor party. Cheng told me everything. I understand that you love Wooseok, but as Yibo's best man and best friend, you should stand by his side and help him." Suri replied.

"No fighting today, okay? Today Yibo is getting married, so please get along." Said my brother as he joined us. Suri and Seungyoun nodded.

I don't know why Suri and Seungyoun can't stand each other for three years and start fighting as soon as they see each other. I had asked both of them about it once, but neither of them really wanted to come out with the words. Since neither of them wanted to talk about it and I can't force them to tell me anything, I left it at that and didn't ask anymore.

When all guests were seated, the two large white double doors were closed. Soft music sounded over the loudspeakers. A pianist sat down at the piano and the wedding speaker also took his seat. When my family took their seats and I saw my mother wiping tears from her eyes with a handkerchief, I knew it was time.

I almost started to cry myself, I was so full of anticipation. My stomach was tingling like crazy, my heart was pounding hard and fast against my chest, and my hands were shaking. Suri stood next to me, smiled and whispered, "You've been waiting for this day for a long time and finally it's here. I am so incredibly happy for you, my best friend and brother-in-law." At that point, tears really came out of my eyes.