12. The fear of losing

"Just in one night, nothing left in my life accept pain. I choose to run away. Anyone can call me coward. I don't need to prove anyone. Swara trusted me without any explanation that was enough. But these four year never let me live in peace. I hate myself that I fell for a man who never loved me and betrayed me in the name of love. That night, I went to him to clear everything and with a hope that nothing can break us but it was me who was left heartbroken. For once, I could forget that he misunderstood me and said those words which hurt me but it was me who was misunderstanding him. I couldn't understand that I was a part of game for him." Riya said with tear sliding from her eyes which she wiped.

Sanskar who heard all this felt sad for her but at the same time he was shocked yet confused with revelation. Arav loves Riya then why will he betray her.

"Riya, I m not saying you are lying but it's too hard to believe that Arav will do something like that. May be some misunderstanding?" Sanskar asked her after she composed a bit.

Riya gave a sad chuckle hearing him.

"Misunderstanding? That moment is still fresh in my mind and his each words and that sight kept haunting me. But you aren't wrong either. I told you Sanskar. You will believe him as he is your friend not me." Riya said looking straight.

"Its not that Riya. Yes, he is my friend but I can also feel that you aren't wrong. I can see your pain too just like his." Sanskar said.

"It's totally up to you Sanskar how you take it. You wanted to know and I told you and as I said, I don't want to prove anything to anyone." Riya said.

"You still love him so much, right?" Sanskar asked.

"Few things are for lifetime Sanskar. Even if my mind knows that it was worst decision of my life to love him but we can't stop out heart. Right?" Riya said.

"Hmm right." Sanskar said.

"Riya, you said.. I mean if you don't mind can I ask you the girl you saw with him? You told you knew her. Who was she?" Sanskar asked confusingly.

"Why? Arav never told you about his girlfriend, whom he actually loved?" Riya asked with glint of anger.

"He did. But her name was Riya." Sanskar said with small smile.

Riya looked at him immediately hearing her name. He nodded.

"Don't lie to prove your friend innocent. He never loved me." Riya said blankly.

"I m not proving anything. He always loved you but I m no one to prove this. He should be the one to do that." Sanskar said.

"Love doesn't need proof Sanskar. It need trust." Riya said.

"If he didn't trusted you then it can be also happen that you didn't trust him." Sanskar said.

Riya was about to interrupt but Sanskar continued.

"Look, I just know the situation as per you said and he said. But if you will both point then you will get what I want to say. Still, I won't say anything if you don't want me to." Sanskar said.

Riya didn't said anything. She was silent for a couple of minutes.

"Mayra, Her name was Mayra Deshraj." Riya said.

Sanskar heard this and nodded but he was confused hearing this name. Still he didn't ask anything related to it.

"So, once you left India you never came back? Even to meet Swara?" Sanskar asked trying to talk.

Riya shook her head negatively.

"No, I tried a lot but I could never come out of my pain. But Swara was always there for me. It wasn't a single day when Swara didn't talk to me. She became my strength. She tried to say that she want to talk to Arav but I never let her do that. But she always used to cheer me up. A best sister anyone can get. She never left me to feel alone. We were far from each other but she didn't let me feel alone. She knew what I was going through but she used to helpless sometimes that she wasn't with me in newyork and wanted to come to me but I used to make her understand." Riya said.