13. Forgetting pains or living with it

His eyes caught Riya, who was sitting on the chair. She was fidgeting her fingers nervously in her lap and fighting with her tears which were falling from her eyes as her eyes were down. She looked so worried for her sister. She was scared for Swara.

Arav was looking at her and felt a pain in his heart. He was also sad for Swara and wished that she gets fine but in these few days, he saw what Swara means to Riya. Her tears were affecting him. He looked away fisting his palm, not able to see her like that. It was hurting him.

His eyes again averting at her. He sees Sanskar was drowned in his own pain still looking at Swara through that glass window and his eyes falls on her yet again, only to see her still in that position.

Unable to see Riya like that, he approached her taking a couple of steps and sat on the chair beside her. He looked at her but she didn't even care to lift her eyes from her lap. Taking a deep breathe, he called her name.

"Riya." He said with affection and care.

"Hmm." She could merely whimpher with the tears that she was trying to hold back but they were still falling from her eyes.

Without thinks a bit and ignoring all thoughts, he just wrapped his hand around her shoulder. He don't care even if she hit him for hugging her or struggles to break the hug. Because all he knows that she needs someone. But surprisingly, she didn't oppose and the next moment she threw her arms around him and hugged him crying breaking into his arms. Arav encircled his arms around her embracing her and put his one hand on her hair soothingly. He feels so hurt to see her crying like this.

"Nothing should happen to her Arav. I will die without her. I can't see her like this." Riya said cryingly.

"She will be fine Riya. You need to stay strong for her. If you will cry then who will handle her." Arav said caressing her hair.

"I m tired of it. I m tired to be strong. I can't see her like that anymore. I need her." Riya said in between cries.

"Shh!! She will be fine and will be back to you. But for now, she needs you. You stayed strong always then why are you breaking now Riya?" Arav said trying to make her understand.

"Because I can't. I can't handle more Arav. I m done with it. Why is this happening?" Riya said cryingly.

"Swara will be fine. Don't lose hope. Please Riya." Arav said and unknowingly leaning toward her, he kissed her hair with care.

"You know Fierce Riya looks way more better than this crying one. And Swara will also not like it. Atleast for her calm down. Hmm?" Arav said ruffling her hair.

Riya didn't said anything neither she loose her hold on him and slowly stopped crying. Arav was caressing her hair.

A moment later, Riya broke the hug slowly feeling better, little strange also but not uncomfortable and she knew the reason also.

"You ok?" Arav asked looking at her.

She nodded slowly and wipes her tears looking down.

That's when Doctor came out of the cabin. Sanskar came to him immediately and Riya and Arav also came toward him hurriedly.

"Doctor, how is she?" Sanskar asked worriedly.

"Her condition is stable now. Situation is under control but other things we can say after she wakes up." Doctor said.

"Why doctor? Is there anything to get worried?" Riya asked.

"No, Ms. Riya. We will just have to do check up. Her condition is better. You can go one by one and see her." Doctor said.