17. Accept the unexpected

Sitting in the balcony and staring at the sky blankly, Sanskar was busy in his thoughts. He was thinking about everything happened. What swara revealed, her words, her tears, broken look, accusations, anger on him. He remembered the conversation he had with ACP Kumar this morning.

Flashback:

"Thank you so much ACP kumar. You agreed to meet me in such a short notice." Sanskar said.

"We are public servants Mr. Sanskar and it's our duty to help. Please tell me, what do you want to know? Mr. Arjun asked me about Avinash Mehrotra case." ACP kumar said.

"Yes, that's only I want to know. You were handling that case then why did you turned down the case and took transfer?" Sanskar asked confusingly.

"I never turned down any case. It was snatched away from me." ACP said.

"What?" Sanskar asked confusingly.

"Yes, I was handling that case and I remember I was trying to gather evidences against Avinash to arrest him. As you have already came to know about him. He was involved in drugs and girls were like use and trash thing for him. He had also killed a girl because she tried to file compain against him also ready to be witness." ACP said.

"Then why didn't you arrest him?" Sanskar asked.

"Because he was way more clever Mr. Sanskar. We were having lack of evidences and witnesses. I successfully arrested him one time but again due to lack of evidences he was released. I was so angry and frustrated that I couldn't give justice to that girl whom he had killed." ACP said.

"Then one day, a girl named Swara came police station. She wanted to file complaint against someone involve in drug and she had proofs. I was shocked to know it was Avinash. Also she had a confession video of him in which he was blabbering about his crimes in drunk tone. She wanted to save her friend who was trapped by Avinash Mehrotra. She looked scared but somewhere confident too. I assured her that I will help her. And for me this was the biggest chance as I had proofs. I also thanked her because she helped me unknowingly. The next day we went to arrest him. Ms. Swara was also with us. But I should say fortunately he was killed because he didn't deserve to live." ACP said.

"Did.. did Swara kill him?" Sanskar asked.

"Well yes, she did shoot him. But it wasn't intentional Mr. Maheshwari. It was an accident because she was trying to save herself." ACP said.

Sanskar shows him the video and ask about it.

"It's true Mr. Maheshwari. But just few seconds you can see. You can see her only pressing trigger and the video ends."ACP said.

Then ACP told him whole incident what happened. Sanskar took a deep sigh after knowing that what he thought was right. He believed Swara can never take anyone's life and today his belief turned right. Although it wouldn't have matter even if she killed Avinash but she never intended to do that. She was just helping his sister.

"After that incident, I was transferred by Shekhar Gadodia influence. I assured him that Ms. Swara won't have to face any problem because it was an accident. She was trying to save herself. She just had to be witness. But Mr. Gadodia has always tried to keep himself away from all that so that nothing come up to him. Avinash was criminal and Mr. Gadodia just thought about himself. He hide all evidences and his records like Avinash didn't even exist. I couldn't do anything because I was pressurized from higher officials and i was transferred. But somewhere I was happy that Avinash wasn't alive now. And if Ms. Gadodia will be away then also it won't be such big issue." ACP said.