27. The beautiful but deceiving eyes

After sometime,
Sneha who was looking around and attending guests, went to her room excusing herself. She thought to wash her face and apply some touch ups also to cover her teary eyes. It will make her feel light. She made excuse to the couple of guests who asked about her eyes turning puffy red that something fell into her eyes.

Coming inside her room, she directly rushed to the washroom. She splashed the water on her face a couple of times and felt relaxed with it when cold water touched her skin. After face washing she came out of washroom wiping her face with towel. She threw the towel on chair.
Standing in front of her dressing table, She looked at herself in mirror. Her eyes looked better now she thought. No one will notice the redness as it was light. She looked down and sighed pushing her hair back running her fingers through her hair. Only she knew what she is going through all the while in marriage function. One side her family, her brother, Swara and other side she was avoiding him. Who was leaving no chance to try to talk to her.

"God, Why it is so difficult?" She said taking a deep breathe.

"Because I m way too charming and handsome to avoid by anyone. Still you are doing it so gracefully." Sneha heard sarcastic voice of someone and it didn't take a second for her to know who it was.

She was freezed at her position. Still she dared to look up in the mirror only to find him leaning against the cupboard. He raised his one eyebrow at her in a challenging way. She got shocked and immediately turned around. But the next second she gasped finding him standing so close to her looking at her with serious expression.

"Aha.. Ahaan? What.. what are you do... doing here?" Sneha stammered. She tried to say in normal tone but couldn't really do that.

Ahaan didn't answered. He kept looking into her eyes. Not able to hold his intense gaze, Sneha looked away.

"Ah.. Ahaan, wh..what happened?" She tried to ask him yet again.

"I should be the one to ask you this question Sneha. What happened?" Ahaan said in hard tone.

Ahaan was having enough of her ignorance. And with each passing minutes, it was frustrating him. He was not short tempered guy but he was also not too patient. He can't digest this avoiding game where only she knows her goddamn reason!! He just knows that last time he talked to this girl, she was crying in his embrace. She wanted to say something but she didn't. Although he can read her eyes that she was hurt but he can't wait sitting at one corner. Not when she meant more than anything to him. Not when he loves her more than anything in this world.

Not getting any reply from her, Ahaan repeated the same thing a bit loudly.

"I asked something Sneha!! What happened?" Ahaan asked.

Sneha got nervous but she didn't dare to look into his eyes.

"You know what? Nothing in this world has ever made me so frustrated and restless as much as you did in last few days!! You only give rise to questions but leave me with no answers. And I just hate this silence and ignorance from you. I want my answers!! WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME?" Ahaan asked.

Sneha knew that was coming but she tried to come with the worst excuse.

"It... It's nothing. I . I.. . Don't know..." Sneha stammered looking away from him and tried to move away but he hold her arms.

"You don't know what I m talking or you don't want to know Sneha? You understand everything. But you had choosen to avoid me. I just need to know why? Because I don't see that without any reason anyone would do that? So tell me Ms. Sneha Maheshwari!! I hope you have better explanation for ignoring me?" Ahaan said in serious tone.