Chapter 10

You and Tanjiro told Urokodaki about everything that happened to you two during the Final Selection. The two of you were patched up by Urokodaki, Douma tried to fix you up but failed, making Urokodaki patch you up again. Douma sulked in the corner as you tried to reassure him that it's fine and you'll teach him how to patch someone up next time making him feel slightly better.

"I see. You killed that deformed demon." Urokodaki said. "Yes." you answered. "At last. I'm truly impressed that you two made it back." "Yes." Tanjiro answered this time. You were sat upon Douma's lap as he played with your hair. Urokodaki didn't mind his presence since he did missed you for a long while.

"There are several kinds of demons. There are demons that use special techniques called the 'Blood Demon Arts', which grants them supernatural abilities. You may have to fight those kinds of demons as well from now on. And battling them will be far more difficult than anything you've faced until now." Urokodaki explained.

"Say... I think that Nezuko's not like the other demons. You think it could be that Whatchamacallit Arts?" Tanjiro asked. "It's Blood Demon Arts, Tanjiro-kun. I want to ask that as well about Douma-kun, Urokodaki-san." you said. "No, I don't think so. I wouldn't call that an example of the Blood Demon Arts. I'm just taking a guess here but it could be that Nezuko and Douma are recovering their strength through sleep rather than consuming flesh." Urokodaki explained. "What about the 'Upper Moon 2' kanji written in Douma-kun's eyes?" You asked Urokodaki, Tanjiro already went to sleep while Douma was still up.

"It means that Douma is possibly a member of the Twelve Kizuki. He was selected as one of the strongest demons by the demon lord himself." Urokodaki answered as your eyes widened. "The Twelve Kizuki are the 12 strongest combatants amongst Demon-kind, second in strength and authority only to the Demon Lord himself, Muzan Kibutsuji. Each member of the Kizuki has received a larger portion of Kibutsuji's blood than other Demons, greatly augmenting their powers. Those demons will obey and follow any order given by that man but it seems like Douma preferred to stand by your side." Urokodaki informed you while you looked at Douma as he held your hand close to his face.

"I have a feeling that the demon lord was the one who killed your family and turned Douma into a demon. I smelled another scent of a demon at your house while I was burying your family. It could be Kibutsuji himself since he is the only one who can turn any human into a demon." Urokodaki added as you let all the information sunk in. "I think that's enough for today. Get some rest (Y/N)." Urokodaki said as he left to go to bed. You looked out at the night sky. 'I will find that cure. No matter what it takes. I will protect you, Douma-kun.' you thought as both you and Douma went to bed as well.

'Hn, (Y/N)-chan, how can I express my feelings to you? I can see how hard you trained just to find a cure for me. I want to say that I love you. It may sound selfish of me but I want you to say that to me too. I love you so much my heart aches everytime I see you injured and I can't do anything to help.' Douma thought as he looked at your sleeping face. He gently caressed your face and leaned closer towards you. He placed a light kiss on the corner of your mouth, you twitched a bit and continued to sleep making Douma smile.

'I will protect you, (Y/N)-chan. Even from that man.' Douma thought as he wrapped his arms around you and went to sleep.

----------------

Fifteen days later.....

Both you and Tanjiro waited outside and saw a figure with a sunflower-patterned robe and a large, woven hat with hanging floral wind chimes. The face is concealed by a Hyottoko mask and he carried something on his back. "My name is Haganezuka. I have forged (Y/N) (L/N) and Tanjiro Kamado's swords and I am here to deliver it." The man exclaimed as you and Tanjiro both bowed towards him. "I'm (Y/N) (L/N)." "I'm Tanjiro Kamado, please come in--" "This is the Nichirin Blade. I'm the one that forged it." Haganezuka said as you and Tanjiro looked at him with dotted eyes.