10

I realized fate had different plans for me. If it was a wake-up call for me, I was unsure where my fate was leading me.

Everything is now being connected to volleyball or something related to sports. Was it even sports? Or there was a different cause?

I wasn't sure.

I went ahead and showered after that decided to take a nap, not sure what the evening had stored for me.

My alarm rang. I woke up an hour before I am supposed to meet Ryan. Ryan had texted me that he should wait for me near the stadium. I appreciated he wasn't pushy about this whole date situation.

I quickly got ready. Up until now, I always had my hair in a pony-tail or a bun, but today I decided to leave it open. I was not sure why.

I did my make-up; I looked well dressed or maybe overly dressed for a sports event, but I had no idea what exactly was worn during sporting events. Jeans and a simple beige shirt would do the trick.

I took my purse, and the necessary things need. I realized it would be crowded, so I packed it light.

I head out, and after a few minutes, I reach the stadium. I call Ryan; as I called, I saw him waving at me. I quickly ran to him.

"Hey, sorry, did I keep you waiting for long?" I ask.

"No, it's okay, you were on time. Let's go, and the game is about to start." Ryan greeted.

"Oh, thank god..." I whimper.

"Hey, all good; you look troubled a little?" Ryan asked.

"I wish it were, and Everything is so random, right. But let's focus on today for now." I reply

Ryan nods, and we head to the stadium. It boomed. I heard the ground shaking.

It was super crowded, and more people kept entering. I didn't know Volleyball was such a huge sport. Considering it was an indoor stadium, it was regardless huge, and seats stretched beyond my horizon. The sheer size was overwhelming.

"Where are our seats?" I ask. I see Ryan giggle a little.

"We don't have assigned seats, and we need to find somewhere empty and just sit there." He replies. I did an oh face.

"But..." Ryan interrupts. "Since I am good friends with the assistant announcer, we got special passes for the front."

"Wow, wtf really? That's awesome," I smile. of course, this is going to be bad; if he sees me, It's going to be super awkward.

I follow Ryan and take my seat. I could feel nervousness in my own skin. It's as if I was going to play the world cup.

"Ooh, it's starting..." Ryan confirms. I gulp.

The ground boomed again. The announcer was loud. It felt louder since I was near the court.

The faces of each player from both teams were shown on big screens. Most of the familiar faces. They were clearly the stars of this evening.

I also saw Oikawa's face. The confusion was all over me. Oikawa being Japanese playing for Argentina. Ushijima's friend from high school? What went down?

"I cannot believe these guys were served in our cafe..." Ryan whispers beside my ear. I slowly nod in response. I felt nauseous.

And then

Time slowed down....

Each player from both teams was now entering, all towards my direction. Oikawa and Ushijima both leading their teams.