21

I stumble to answer.

"Huh, what?" I ask.

"You know did he sneak in some sweets, cause since you know him. He might have...cause eye....you are sweet? get it?" Sweet You..are?" Oikawa jokes.

I sign with relief.

"Oh hahaha," I nervously laugh.

As we were trying to talk, Ushijima walks in.

"Alisa is waiting for you..." Ushijima replies stoically.

Oikawa signs, "Y/n!" he looks at me with a frown and puppy eyes.

"it's okay, go ahead. I'll be fine." I say

"I am sorry I have to leave with you with this Wakatoshi..." Oikawa says.

"Huh, what...?" I get confused and nervous.

"I guess you guys know each other sort of; why not know each other more properly while I sort my crisis with Alisa" Oikawa smiles.

"Wait for me, okay y/n?" He says. I softly nod with a smile encouraging him to go.

Oikawa hugs me and pats my head. Ushijima looked away as Oikawa hugged me.

"See you soon. Cutie..." Oikawa tells me. "Do not scare her, Wakatoshi", Oikawa warns and leaves towards Alisa.

With that, I was left with Ushijima.

I shyly say hello. But no replies for Ushijima.

Was he mad at me? Did he think I was lying to him to hang out with Oikawa. Should I explain? I don't know much about Oikawa...

"...I am sorry...actually..." I tried to speak.

"Are you feeling better, y/n?" He asks me sincerely. My heart dropped. His tone was so caring, so considerate. Why is he such an angel?

"I am fine. Are you okay?" I ask.

"I am fine." He replies. Silence

"I wasn't lying to you. Oikawa and I met a few days ago when I was delivering some supplies, and today he asked me to join him when I was working..." I explain.

"Oh." He replies—his faced relaxed little.

"Yup.." I answer awkwardly.

Ushijima looked ahead, and I looked at his side profile. He gave a little smile.

"I think it's only proper to ask...." He says.

"Hmm?" I hum softly.

Ushijima offers his hand.

"Would you accompany me to this party y/n?" He asks and softly looks at me.

I look at him for a few seconds, and later a smile followed.

'Yes, Ushijima, I will," I reply

With that, I take his hand, and we walk towards his table. He tightened the grip, and my heart skipped a few beats. His face remained unchanged.

"I couldn't hold it yesterday night..." Ushijima says softly. My stomach churned. I was completely immersed with this man.

With that, he softly intertwined his fingers onto mine. I didn't question or budge. Later his thumb caressed my hand.

We reached his table, and it was empty. The others were still arriving. I sat beside Ushijima, and he kept his eyes focused on the crowd. Yet his hands were completely intertwined with mine.