35

My lips stumbled and wavered.

He had complete control over my emotions. He knew it. But I knew he just wanted the best for me.

"Take your time. I am in no rush." He replied softly. Although looking away, he did this not to make me nervous.

I was a nervous wreck.

"But...you already know the reason for my actions towards you. Hope nothing surprises you." He replied maturely.

I nod like a child getting scolded.

Cmon, speak up. WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU. You aren't like this.

But I couldn't. 3 years of isolation made my anxiety worse. And with Ushijima? It was not easy.

Before I could speak, our food came. I realised we never ordered, but we got Hayashi rice.

"They only sell Hayashi rice here. It's their speciality." He spoke.

I did an "oh" face and nodded.

I smile at the lady, and she nods with a kind smile. She smiles at Ushijima, and he gives a strict nod with a very soft, almost unnoticeable smile.

I took the first bite, and he was right. It was delicious. Super delicious. It was sweeter than most curries. The sauce was thicker and buttery. I realised why he likes Hayashi rice right now. It had a strong sweet after-taste.

I wish I could count this as a date, but I can barely speak now that I am alone with him.

"It's really delicious," I said; I tried.

"I am glad you liked it." He replied.

"Thank you for bringing me here," I said but realised my mistake. He took a bite of his plate and looked away, and chuckled a little. I felt a little embarrassed.

"Sorry.." I reply.

"It also applies to sorry(s)..." He clarified.

I nod, "oh, right. My bad...so-" I realised what I was about to say.

"You're getting there." He replied as he drank another sip of water.

We silently ate. Ushijima ate quicker than me. I was eating slowly as the dish was hot; food heat tolerance is weak. Didn't wanna burn my tongue.

My hair kept getting in front of me. I kept putting it behind my ears as I ate.

I quickly got annoyed and took all my hair and twisted it in a bun. I didn't have a hair tie with me, so I made a bun without it. It was loose but doable. I kept peacefully eating until my entire hair came loose and came in front.

I softly grunted with my annoyance.

I gave up and kept eating. After every spoon, I put back my hair strands.

I looked at Ushijima, and his eyes intimidated me. He drank more water as time went by. Was he also nervous, or its something else?

I ignored it, looked down at my dish and kept eating out of shyness. In few seconds, I felt fingers around my neck. My body shivered. I almost arched my back.

Ushijima softy gathered my hair from the side of my neck. I was going to die.

He held my hair as I ate.

"Will this help?" He asked. His face and lips aligned side by side with mine. He was closer than ever.

I nod. I was screaming inside. He will be the death of me. His voice, his hands, his fingers, his eyes, his everything. All of him.

I ate silently. He kept holding the hair. I finished the food. Although the process was supposed to look "flirty", Ushijima sat there innocently, a must like a robot-human hybrid. He was a little innocent boy inside the huge 6'4 body. My heart realised it was not only nice, but he looked kindly cute doing it.

He kept holding it, even after I was done.

I clear my throat to signal in a way.

"Oh right..sorry." He spoke. He wasn't looking at me when I was eating, not to make me feel awkward, or maybe it just his personal manners.

"Um...ye..yes," I reply.

He moved to his seat slowly. I now tried to drink the water.

"Longer hair suits you." He spoke like it's a fact.

"I um...yes. I grew it by myself." I spoke. WTF DID I SAY R U DUMB y/n?

"oh?" He enquired.

"I mean..I", I tried to explain.

"I wish I witnessed the process." He revealed. If it was a joke, he really dragged me. If it's flirting, I am going to die.

I choked on the drink as he said it. I coughed by now, beating my chest as it was a bad choke.

"You okay?" he asked worriedly. I kept coughing.

He came forward, but before he could do or say anything. I got up.

I saw the bathroom sign and just walked in.

I splashed some water on my face. I realised I look like a wreck. That airport dehydrated face wasn't helping me in the situation. What was I thinking?

I washed my hands and splashed more water in my eyes. Slowly breathing, controlling my heart before I can face him again.

After I was done, I got out. He wasn't near the table.

I saw the lady taking the dishes. I quickly take my bag and go to the counter. I give the money to the counter.

She quickly calls from back.

"Oh, don't worry. Your boyfriend paid." She said.

Boyfriend? My eyes twitched. I was now a little pissed that he paid without asking me. I wasn't used to people paying for me or anything that sort.

I didn't want to cause more confusion with this sweet old lady. I kindly nod and get outside. I see him standing.

I quickly walk towards him. He doesn't look at me but aligns his steps with me as we head towards the bus.

"Why did you pay?" I asked.

"Why not?" He asked back, still not looking at me. Did I piss him off?

"Because..." I struggle to answer.

He kept silent.

"You didn't have to pay. Now, I feel guilty." I replied.

"You shouldn't." He answered.

"You know I cannot help it," I replied.

"Neither can I." He finally looks at me.

" He finally looks at me