69

I slowly walked up to Ushijima. I'd realised my eyes would have been bloodshot red. I was angry and disappointed to the fullest extent.

I had plenty of questions, and I was jumping to conclusions here and there. My disappearance three years ago wasn't effortless for my mental health, and it took me three whole years to face a reality that I wasn't even sure was the truth. Now when the fact was right in front of me, I was broken beyond repair.

Ushijima's face looked confusing. His eyes followed me with love, but his expressions spoke of how he was scared of me. I have never seen him scared until now. What a sight to see when you're the object he is scared off.

With plenty of questions, yet my lips spoke betrayed me. I couldn't face him just yet. I could feel my suffocation rising.

"I'll see you during finals." I lowered my gaze and, disappointed, looked at Oikawa as well. Both of them wanted to speak, but after seeing my expressions. They decided I needed to calm down.

Although I acted calm, the tension was heating the ground to my feet.

With those words, I left the compound. I didn't care where my belongings were, and I went to the station, and I took the last train to Tokyo that following afternoon.

As I walked towards the train, my heels twisted, and I injured my ankle a little. But due to my anger, I just took off both the shoes and walked barefoot towards the train. The people looked at me weird because I was wearing a party dress, all dressed up. Now, suddenly barefoot with a face almost on the verge of a breakdown.

With nothing in my hand, I carried myself and walked towards a seat. As I finally sat down. I felt lost and loss. I lost my mother now I was about to lose him. I finally broke down. The entire journey, I cried. I wailed. My wrists grew tired from my wiping my tears. My cheeks felt drier. I could feel my eyelids burn.

Being with Ushijima felt like I was insulting my mother's memory yet, my heart wanted to run to him, despite him being the cause of my suffering.

xxxxxx

Flashback

"Yo Toshi... you going to that guest lecture today?" Someone asked from his class.

"What guest lecture?" Ushijima asked. Later he realised what his classmate meant.

"All you care about volleyball after classes. How do you keep your grades up despite being so unaware?" His classmate joked. Ushijima understood the tint of jealousy. He never visited professors after class nor participated in engineering projects unless it was a class assignment. He knew his career was never going to be in engineering.

"Well, I'll join. I don't have practice today." Ushijima spoke.

"When is your under-25 btw?" His other classmate asked.

"Next month during the fall break...." Ushijima spoke stoically.

"Damn man I don't know how you do it. Amazing grades, amazing body, amazing volleyball skills. What can't you do?" His classmate joked.

"Get Girls..." Miya entered. Miya was in the same university as Ushijima but majored in literature.

"ofcourse ladies man..." their other guys rolled their eyes. Miya was famous among the girls for a reason.

Ushijima had enough and decided to leave.

"Oi where you going...?" Miya asked.

"To get lunch...." Ushijima replied with no emotions. Miya looked at the guys and winked.