65

Flashback:

Ushijima entered his house and left his bag on the floor before his servants could pick it up for him. He enjoyed being left alone when he was stressed or frustrated. Most of the time, he spent his time alone in the garden or beside his grandmother while she knitted or cooked him meals. His mother was rarely home, and he was glad about it.

Despite his estates being the biggest amongst the branches of the family, with merrier luxuries and servants. He felt disconnected from his other family members. He could see his cousins across playing. That's why I chose Shiratorizawa. He loved his dorm more than his house. He would only come back to meet his grandmother.

"Whats wrong Waki?" His grandmother asked.

"I don't think I will be going back to my dorm for this week. Can you sign the form for me?" He asked.

"You know, your mother is your legal guardian. You must wait until she comes back." She said sadly. Ushijima looked away with a little grunt.

"She is hardly ever here. I'll make my teacher understand. Please sign it." He asked.

Grandma softly nodded, considering Ushijima's mood. She signed the form.

"Will you tell me whats wrong?" She asked.

"I broke up with her." He mentioned.

"Oh lord, what went wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing, I felt no sense of comfort after I spent a night at hers. I felt utterly used. My emotions felt discarded in some sense. She questioned my every mood and action because it did not suit her expectations. I strived to be better, but it was never enough for her needs." He mentions. He didn't want to explain further and assumed his grandmother understood as she nodded.

"Oh dear..." She hums.

"I thought I could experiment with the emotion of love for the first time, but I was wrong. It's just an alternative for lust." He looked up.

"Wrong. I am sure you liked her, but maybe she wasn't the person you could have loved. Love is about tests. Tests not only make a couple realise whether they love each other but sometimes make a person realise the real meaning of love. It's about care and warmth. I think you did the right thing to break it off. She required a different form of love, which you were unable to give. That doesn't mean you blame her or yourself. " Grandma explains.

Ushijima nods. His cheeks were red with embarrassment.

"I don't think I am at fault though.." he clarified.

"But arent you lonely too at times...isnt that why you took her company as an alternative to your comfort?" Grandma asked. Ushijima felt called out. She was right.

Maybe it was time for him to realise how he perceived love and relationships.

Ushijima left the room and sat on the bed thinking for hours. After series of thoughts, he internalised never to love again until he found an answer.

How will I know If I truly love someone? He thought.

Flashback ends

xxxxxx

After our kiss near the garden, I felt my tears being wiped by him.

"I don't want to lose you too... I mentioned. I am so certain the emotion I felt right now is the truest kind of love I felt for anyone."

"You answered my question I had all these years...." Ushijima chuckled, softly giving me pecks on my cheeks and lips.

"Question?" I asked.