44

It's been now few hours since the party. Everyone seemed to have a great time. I excused myself early and went to the hotel room.

Before checking in, I heard the receptionist near my hallway call me.

"Someone left few roses for you this noon It was a party invitation I assumed." She said.

"Oh who?" I asked, tired.

"I am not sure. He was surely tall and stoic, and really good looking." She said. My mind wandered about him again.

I checked the note.

"There's a party in Alisa's house. Was hoping if you want to come with me. But, they told me you were asleep. If you receive this, do stop by or call me. If you feel tired, don't worry. Just let me know if you are okay- Wakatoshi."

My heart shattered. He cares about me so much.

I hugged the roses and the card and went inside the room.

I sobbed that night why I was so caught up in this.

Did I push him away? Did I push him away too much?

With little sobs. I get a notification. It was Alisa posting a group photo of all of us. I got tagged in various images.

Alisa's photo. My eyes filled with a bit of a smile.

I could see everyone happy, cheering—some drinks in their hand. Tanaka was picking up Noya. Kiyoko is hugging Bailey and Alisa. Kuroo and Yamamoto are giggling with arms around each other. Hinata, Kageyama, Rin was making silly faces. Oikawa and Aran are doing the peace sign. Atsumu is pulling Osamu's cheeks. Fuku beside Kita, both smiling wide. Kenma looking a little disinterested but doing an ordinary peace sign. Bokuto hugging Akashi from behind. Yaku and Hoshi beside me, both of them doing a peace sign behind my head. And then there he was.

Ushijima was slightly behind me. Unlike everyone who was looking at the camera.

I realised Ushijima was looking somewhere else. He was smiling. He was smiling at me.

I read the comments. People commented how they saw Ushijima smile at a picture. Some girls asked who I was. Alisa's Instagram was verified. Tons of comments "shipping Alisa with Oikawa" or worse. Alisa with Ushijima.

One of the comments read, "Why Ushijima-san looking at that random girl when Goddess Alisa is in front of him... They both so hot, they should hit it off". I shuddered. Did I even fit in Ushijima's image?

With the phone in my hand, I snuggled inside my bed. I heard the door open. I knew it was Tiph. I didn't bother to turn.

I heard her summer.

"Y/n, are you okay?" She asks. I didn't turn, pretended to sleep.

Tiph pulled the covers over my body. I sobbed the entire night, and slowly fell asleep.

xxx

The following day, my worst fears came true.

The association asked me to meet them to discuss my relationship with Wakatoshi Ushijima. Kuroo warned me earlier, but I didn't realise they would call me so soon. Kuroo also mentioned that I need to deny it and explain that Ushijima and I are just friends. His claims of "being with him" meant that I was part of the team and a mistranslation.

I got ready. I prepared my reports earlier and sent them to Kuroo. I needed to visit Nekoma and check the kitchen and hygiene to cook and prepare the meals throughout the Olympics.

I went to the office. I was questioned for an hour. I denied all allegations. They even asked me if I sexual encounter with Ushijima, which made me further uncomfortable. I denied everything, some lies some truths.

"Very well Miss Y/N. We trust you. I guess it's mistranslation. Sorry for calling you like this. We got reports that might have misinterpreted your relationship with Ushijima." They say. I nod.

"Oh Mr. Ushijima you are here too...." They say as their eyes behind me. My heart skipped.

I look back. He straightly walked. His eyes didn't even bother to meet mine. It felt like he didn't even notice me.

They questioned him as well. He denied everything. I was relieved. I was not sure whether he was protecting me or whether he was protecting himself.

"We are simple acquaintances. Have mutual friends. That's about it." Ushijima continued.

"Do you see yourself seeing her after Olympics? We just expecting professional behaviour during Olympics" They asked.

"I am not thinking anything beyond this tournament. I'd like to focus on the sports if you may. If you done, I'd like to go back to the practice." He spoke stoically.

They agreed in unison. The persons left the questioning room after few minutes. Ushijima tried to leave with them but I called out his name.

"Wakatoshi..." I said.

He stopped. He turned his face. It made me a little scared to face him now.

"Yes?" He asks.

"Thank you for getting along with..." I tried to say.

"Don't worry about it." He said. His face showed no emotions. I wish he just pulled me and kissed me right now. But it was impossible.

I tried to say something, "I-..."

"Oh yeah, you might need to start calling me Ushijima soon." He says.

My soul dropped.

"Oh..okay. Ushijima-san. Thank you for letting me know" I went back to what I had called him 3 years ago.

"No problem, Miss Y/N-san". He said. With that, he turned his back left.

I broke my own heart today because

We back to formality.