20

"Okay, the event is about to start..." Oikawa slowly mentions.

"Right, almost forgot about that..." I smile.

"Let's go?" He asks. I nod.

We both walk out of the small hall. I see a large sum of people. It was a huge party. Probably a couple of hundred people. I am okay with the crowd, but this party looked real and lavish.

I hoped I don't run to Ushijima. I hoped he doesn't recognise me. Dont want him to think I was lying.

As I enter the hall, I am greeted by some staff who I met near the kitchen. There were no waiters around. It was all self-served which I appreciated.

I met Oikawa's team-mates and congratulated them. Some of them didn't know English, but I guess they too wondered if Oikawa and I are something. Out of my relief, Oikawa just introduced me as a good friend.

We later sat down at the round table designated to us.

As we sat, 4 girls surrounded us and hurdled to get Oikawa's attention. I just awkwardly kept silent, not knowing what to do or say at that moment. As the moments went by, I realised Oikawa is very popular. He was a crowd puller.

He turns around, " I am sorry. I didn't mean this to happen. I promised you would have fun...". he mentions. I shook my head and smile.

"Dont worry about me. I actually want to do nothing and sit. I was a little sick yesterday, so I probably want to rest wherever possible." I answer.

"What ?! you didn't tell me!.. I am so sorry, y/n," Oikawa whispers loudly.

"Well, you were so persistent..." I shrugged jokingly.

"Maaaayn." Oikawa frowns.

"It's ok, don't worry, go have fun. I am actually instructed to be around the party to distribute some brochures to the staff by my boss. " I answer.

"Oh, I see..." Oikawa hums.

Before Oikawa could say anything, my mouth dropped. I saw Ushijima.

He was with another girl. She wore a long black dress with blonde hair. She was beautiful, and her figure made me look like a potato. Still battling my insecurity, I realised how great he looked beside her. She held onto his arms. Ushijima, despite being beside a gorgeous woman, had a stoic face. As he turned, I quickly duck behind Oikawa's shoulder.

Oikawa was surprised but gave a slight smirk.

"Saw someone you didn't want to see?" He asks.

"shush..." I say. Oikawa followed my eyes. He later hummed in annoyance.

"Are you scared of him, or there's something else I don't know..." He asks.

"It's complicated.." I whisper while hiding.

Later Oikawa's eyes followed the girl beside him.

"Shit.." he exclaims.

"what..." I ask.

"Looks like we both are in serious trouble..." Oikawa says. The girl's eyes followed our table, and she furiously marched towards us. Ushijima's bored eyes later and gradually widen as he searched to inquire whether it was really me with Oikawa.

As the other boys from the team followed, all of them looked very handsome.

Ushijima looked heavenly despite all the chaos. The suit complimented him. I saw a few other girls also being intimidated by him around, who noticed his entrance.