32

As I walked outside, I saw others unloading their bags onto the minibus.

When I saw some of them turn, trying to find Ushijima and me, I quickly left his shirt out of panic. He noticed but instead of feeling awkward, and he let out a little smirk.

He went on walking ahead. Out of awkwardness, I just stood there. My brain wasn't in sync with reality, neither on the fact that I adore this beautiful young man. Hoping he still adored me back.

I heard Kyla behind me and jumped.

"I know we here to work but don't be afraid y/n", Kyla spoke.

I sign and breathe out. I turn towards her and just placed my head on her shoulder. She patted my back.

"I won't lie; I get why he has fangirls. He is packing..." Bailey chuckled.

I look at Kyla, and she made an "oops" face.

"You cannot keep your mouth shut.." I speak.

"Hey, cmon, I had to tell people to back off cause he is yours, okay. Just protecting your future man here." She joked. Bailey chuckled.

"Ugh..." I groan and walk away while Bailey and Kyla laughed. As I walked, I couldn't help but chuckle a little.

I slowly jog towards Ushijima and help him unload my bags.

Nothing special happened during the process. I tried to thank him.

However, now I think about it. We were staring at each other, hoping the other would speak. But the silence was enough for him but maybe not for me.

"Thank...Thank you for helping me out. Especi...Especially in the crowd.." I spoke.

"You are welcome. It will be crowded for the next few weeks." He replied. His stoic face didn't bother me anymore. I knew, in a way, he was feeling a little hesitant about me.

"it's good to see you again, y/n", He spoke sincerely. He gave a proper smile. A PROPER SMILE. My eyes softened. If he could read me right now, It would be evident how I adored him with the core of my heart.

"It's good to see you too, Wakatoshi," I replied and smiled at him.

"Oh, I forgot..." he said out of nowhere.

I wandered my eyes at him.

He forwarded a bracelet. It was my moon bracelet.

I couldn't believe it.

I thought I lost the bracelet the other night. I wore it for the party three years ago but had no memories of how I lost it.

"It's my..." I spoke, looking at it, still shocked.

"It was with me. I couldn't return it. I realise it was in my suit's pocket after I left that night-" He spoke with few words choked up—that night.

I giggle, cheering. "You had it all along..." I chuckle louder with my eyes glistening on him.

He nodded and chuckled, running his fingers around the back of his neck.

As I tried to say something in return, Hinata came in.

"Y/n san, I heard you're gonna help us with the diet. I'm so excited. Is it gonna be all desserts and cake and curry..." He hyped me up. I laughed.

"hahahahha...n..no," I said, laughing. I saw Hinatas face dropping slowly.

"awh cmon...y/n-san..." He repeated.

"It's gonna be super healthy, but it will be delicious, I promise." I smiled, encouraging him.

"Yippie", Hinata cheered. After few seconds, Hinata's eyes landed on the bracelet.

"ooooh, you have similar bracelets as Ushijima-san..." He spoke.

"It's hers," Ushijima replied.

"Yeah, that's what I'm saying; she has a similar bracelet as your lucky bracelet. Sugoi!" Hinata spoke. Ushijima was irked with Hinata's daft intelligence. But I was confused about this bracelet being lucky?

"Lucky bracelet?" I enquired. Ushijima's face turned a little awkward as his eyes shifted gaze away from me as if Hinata would embarrass him.

"Yeah, Ushijima-san ties this bracelet around his gym bag before major matches. We all thought it was too girly for his taste until he said the bracelet is special. So we call it the "lucky bracelet" to tease him. " Hinata giggled like a little boy.

I looked at Ushijima, hoping for answers.

Hinata looked at both me and Ushijima. His eyes kept shifting from me to Ushijima and back forth. Until sudden realisation dawn upon Hinata.

"oh...oh...OH", He murmured.

"Yes, Hinata, the bracelet was hers," Ushijima confirmed.

Hinata stayed silent for few seconds. His eyes narrowed at both of us. I realise he tried to rationalise everything but realised sooner and gave into the suspicions just like everyone else. That Ushijima Wakatoshi and Y/N had something going in. I wish I could name the "thing" between us, but I am not sure if there's even a term for that. I related to Hinata's confusion.

Awkwardness seeped in. I look at Ushijima, but nothing came from his stoic face.

Kuroo later followed Hinata patting on his shoulder.

"I think the bus is ready to go," Kuroo spoke. I nod.

Hinata awkwardly, looking down, still murmuring to himself.

"What's wrong with him? It seems like his fuse is gone," Kuroo asked.

I tried to answer. But Ushijima spoke first.

"Hinata is thinking," Ushijima said. Kuroo laughed.

"Poor thing. Let's get to the bus boi," Kuroo replied.

Before all of us could turn, I hear Kuroo tsk. Hinata's eyes changed.

"I didn't know the Zeldian team will be arriving today." Kuroo spoked irksomely.

Ushijima suddenly became protective and defensive. Coming forward, hiding me behind his back.

"Y/n, get in the bus with everyone else." He spoke urgently.

" He spoke urgently