Chapter 1: New Beginnings

Wednesday, May 15, 1985
11:05a.m.
Norwood High School
Norwood, Maine

Third Person's POV
Voices filled the cafeteria, as well as the smell of what some would consider to be the revolting school lunch.

Three high schoolers, with their food, sat down at the end of a table.

One of which, was a fair skinned girl with light brown hair, jade green eyes, freckles, and was wearing a yellow and green letterman jacket.

Another, a boy, with tan skin, dark black-brown hair, russet brown eyes, and a charming smile.

And the other, another boy, with curly brown hair, sapphire blue eyes, light splotches on his tan skin, with his own lunch.

Naomi, Alio, and Klaus.

The girl, Naomi, looked at her lunch as she sat at the edge of the table bench. "Well, mine's got fuzz." She pushed her tray away, and towards Alio, who was sitting across from her.

    "...Mine's got lips," Alio commented with a disturbed look on his face while he looked at the food on his tray.

Naomi's face also grew disgusted, then she turned over and looked at Klaus, who was sitting next to her. "Hey, Bagman. Rough life being an only child, huh?"

Klaus didn't say anything as he opened up his bag of lunch he brought from home.

    "Yeah, rougher life being an orphan, which is what I am as of last night," Alio randomly stated.

Klaus looked up from his food and looked at him to ask, "What happened?"

He sighed. "I dumped my family, my family dumped me. It was mutual. They're keeping the trailer. Gonna live with my grandma."

Naomi gave a sympathetic look. "Well, we're here for you."

    "Thanks. You're my new siblings- which reminds me, I want my jacket back, Naomi."

    "No. Just... Just no."

Suddenly, one of the teachers, Mr. Keinz, walked in. "Students, may I have your attention?" he yelled so everyone could hear him.

A large majority of the students looked at him, while the others continued talking.

When he caught almost everyone's attention, the teacher then says, "I know the school year is almost over, but I do have an announcement about next school year. I'm afraid the entire football season next year..."

Alio's face straightened. "...Oh, no."

"Canceled."

"But that means-"

Mr. Keinz sighed in annoyance. "Yes, Mr. Niccals. No cheerleaders."

Alio fell off the chair and into his knees, and yells, "NOOO!!"

Klaus leaned over and looked at him. "Alio, we have to make sacrifices."

"But he's taking my girls-"

"Why can't we just sacrifice you?" Naomi asked in a serious voice.