Chapter 20: I Want to Go Home

Friday, May 24, 1985
1:20p.m.
Cabin, Bluebell Forest

Third Person's POV
School had ended early, and Alio, Anne, Klaus, Jesper, Norman, Naomi, Rei, Tui, and La were at the cabin, sitting in the living room. Jesper was also holding the mirror, which showed Joker and Mizuki on the other side.

     "And you're sure this will work?" asks Jesper as he looks back and forth at Joker, Mizuki, Tui, and La.

La nodded her head. "It's what we found out when we met our shadows. It's what they told us."

Alio, Naomi, Klaus, and Rei all had just befuddled looks on their faces.

     "So we're relying on some crazy girl's shadow now," Alio said as he nodded. "That's nice."

Jesper just sighed, hoping the plan the group had come up with would work.

The Mirror World

Moments later, Zero was leading the way as Alexandria, Mizuki, and Joker followed her. Zero wasn't looking for the mirror she'd come through, she was looking for the one she didn't purposefully create. Somehow, she seemed to know exactly where it was. She had led them to a shed with a closed door.

     "You think it's in there...?" asked Alexandria as she looked at the shed.

Zero nodded in response. "Yes."

Mizuki approached the door and pulled it open, seeing nothing in it but the a large mirror or Reflection on the wall across. Alexandria appeared stunned, yet nervous.

Joker and Alexandria followed Zero and Mizuki into the shed. Zero approached the mirror, but Alexandria stayed by Joker.

Zero seemed a bit puzzled. "Are you not going?"

Alexandria shook her head. "No... No, we're doing this for you to get back. Don't worry about me."

"But-"

Mizuki then looks at her and just says, "Alexandria, you have been stuck here for twenty years. You did not even willingly arrive here, just as Zero did not either. You have a way out now, you have a chance. And it may be your last. I understand your top priority at the moment is Zero, but you should still think of what is best for yourself, as well."

Alexandria just stared at her for a moment, being taken by surprise. She never often saw Mizuki snap as she just did. Alexandria quietly sighed, then nodded her head before she walked up to Zero.

Zero hesitated for a moment before reaching to the mirror, and right as her hand reached the Reflection portal, it went through it as if it wasn't even there. She looked back at Alexandria, and together, they stepped through the mirror.

Norwood's National Laboratory

A moment had passed and Joker and Mizuki had stepped through the mirror, entering a large, clean room with cracks on the wall and a large water tank by the Reflection. Alexandria helped them out, but Zero was nowhere to be seen, even though they watched her exit the Mirror World.

"Oh, what happened to Zero?" Mizuki looked around.

Alexandria had already figured it out. "If her physical body was here while her... consciousness, I suppose, was there, then she's most likely back in her body."