Chapter 14: What Do You Know?

Wednesday, May 22, 1985
3:05p.m.
Cabin, Bluebell Forest

Third Person's POV
"Zero" walked out of her and Jesper's shared room, seeing Jesper and LeAnna sitting at the table, waiting for "her". "She" stared at them and asks, "...What's wrong?"

LeAnna says, "Come sit, I wanna talk to you both."

Jesper had a nonchalant expression plastered on his face. "Zero" walked over to the table, sitting down next to him.

      "I know I'm not the one who should apologize, but I still feel horrible," LeAnna sighed, "I'm sorry for the way Yuda was acting when you two met him. If he acts like that again around you two, should you bump into him or something, I will change the subject, because he shouldn't be asking personal things like that."

"Zero" bit "her" gums. Jesper pressed his lips together.

      "Or we can avoid him if he made you two too uncomfortable."

Jesper shook his head. "No, no, it's fine. Maybe he thought we looked like some people he hated or something."

      "That's no excuse for the way he acted. But all right..." said LeAnna. "Uh, that's all I really needed to tell you two..."

"Zero" almost immediately stood up and waved, going back to "her" room. Jesper watched "her" leave as LeAnna went to the kitchen.

She looked at Jesper, seeing him still sitting by the table. "What is it?"

He silently sighed. "Sorry. Something's just familiar about that Yuda guy. I don't trust him." He fidgeted with a pencil he was holding.

LeAnna stared at him for a moment, repeating the words "I don't trust him" in her head. She glanced at his uncovered 001 tattoo. She was thinking about how Yuda seemed somewhat recognizable; then she remembers when Naomi and Alio were explaining what happened at the cabin as she and Jesper were searching for Klaus, and how Dr. Yohan Rallane and another scientist with a number on his neck were there at the cabin.

LeAnna hesitated before stepping out of the kitchen, rushing to her room. Jesper knew something was wrong, so he followed her, seeing her reach under her bed to bring out a crate of files.

"What are those?" asked a curious Jesper.

      "These..." she sat on the bed and put the crate next to her, "...are files, of the kids at the lab. I tried to find everyone, but I'm missing 026's, 023's, 021's, 007's, and Zero's files." She flipped through some of the files, looking for one in particular.

Jesper stared at her for a second, then picked up a random file, 024's.

Project: AUREOLIN
Subject 024
Birth Name: Arlo Nathaniel Nawakura
Birthday: August 3,1939
Height: 5'4" (as of October 10, 1952)
Group: 1
Status: Alive
Tracker: Destroyed
Whereabouts: Morning Shine Orphanage
Information: Did NOT master sifts. Knows of the agreement. Met 020.
Gifts: Time manipulation

Jesper looked entirely confused, since he had only known there were 15 subjects, including Zero. But he's been questioning the truth ever since he first saw the woman in the mirror with a 026 tattoo.