Chapter 4: World ZERO

Wednesday, December 5, 1984
(5 months ago...)
7:40p.m.
The Void

Third Person's POV
Zero was panicking as her surroundings faded to appear as a room, with mirrors for floor, walls, and the ceiling, with no door — no way out. Liam was on the other side of one of the mirrored walls, and because Zero could see him, she ran up to that wall, beginning to bang her fists on the wall.

     "You are weak. I can help you," said Liam. "Your friends won't find the boy, and sooner or later you're going to disappoint them all over again."

"No! Stop it!"

"I'm only stating the facts."

"Get out of my head!!!" Zero yelled. She continued to panic, breathing hard and quickly, which was making her dizzy.

Liam stood on the other side of the mirror, doing nothing, saying nothing. Doing nothing but watching her.

As she's crying and hitting her hands on the mirror, she says, "I can't breathe in here... I can't breathe in here! Let me go! Let me go!"

"You know, fear can make people do stupid things. I need you to take deep breaths and calm down before I decide to let you go."

Zero's head was aching. She took deep breaths, trying to calm down. Liam softly smiles before he reaches his hand through the mirror. When she grabbed his hand, he suddenly pulled her through the mirror, only for her to start falling and falling in the void, deeper into the water she was once able to walk on. She screamed, and it somehow echoed louder and louder the farther down she went.

But he couldn't hear her screams anymore when she fell through another mirror.

?

Zero falls through the mirror and onto the ground, which was muddy.

After a minute, she slowly sat up and rubbed her head, which hit the ground when she fell. She looked around, realizing she wasn't in the cabin or in the void. She was in what seemed to be a dark tunnel that had a lamppost. There were a few bones and ripped pieces of flesh lying around, as well as spiderwebs.

She slowly stood up, looking to see if anyone was around. "Jesper...?" she asked. "Norman?"

She could hear faint whispers on one side of the tunnel, but she didn't see anyone or anything there, just darkness. The light began to flicker and the whispers got closer, and Zero started to take a few steps back.

Then a man peeked behind one of the walls to look at her. He was tall, bony, and was wearing a neat suit. He had pasty, slate grey skin, and long, sharp fingers. He had black hair with dark blue roots, and had a black button for a left eye, while the other eye was covered by a vertical half mask that covered half of his face. His mouth and nose appeared as if he was half skeleton. He had spider legs poking out of his back, which he was using to stand instead of his other two feet. There was a dark, but thin layer of darkness surrounding him, like a shadow if it were an aura. There was a small amount of water looping around his left wrist, appearing as a bracelet.

Zero was disturbed by his appearance.

     "...Oh," said the man, "a human... How quaint."