Chapter 34: I Want to Get Out

Friday, May 24, 1985
9:30p.m.
Cabin, Bluebell Forest

Third Person's POV
Everybody was in the cabin. Zero/Liam are untied now, but was forced to sit next to Joker in case Liam decided to take more control or do something unexpected. Everyone else was either standing or sitting on the floor as they listened to Zero explain.

     "It was in a shed... like the one we were just in," Zero says, "but it was dark and in the middle of the woods. We need to go there."

There was silence as the children, Joker, and Alexandria listened to her.

Alexandria looked at everyone, knowing they wouldn't say anything since they didn't know how to react. She looks back at Zero/Liam and says, "I'll go with you."

La seemed to be worried about something, so she says, "I'll go, too. I think I know where to find the shed you're talking about."

Tui looked at her, also feeling anxious.

Jesper stood up. "I'm going, too."

Alexandria turned to him and said, "No, you're safer here. That place is dangerous."

     "Yeah, Jesper, we need you here," says Naomi.

Jesper just looked each person who reacted.

     "You should-"

He suddenly snapped, "No! No! I'm going! I don't care if it's dangerous, I don't care if I'm safe here. I don't care what I should or shouldn't do, I'm going! I'm not leaving her behind and letting something bad happen to her, I'm not doing that again!"

Almost everyone froze, they had never seen Jesper snap like that. They knew he was serious about this.

"...Okay, yeah, you can come along," Alexandria tells him in a kind voice. "Just watch where you step, okay? And don't talk to anyone."

The kids glanced at one another.

[ 20 Minutes Later ]
The Mirror World

Jesper, La, and Alexandria were following Zero/Liam as they led the way, walking in the dark, leafless forest. Jesper was trying to stay close to Zero/Liam, while La was the last one, following Alexandria who was behind Jesper.

Zero/Liam froze after looking up from the grass. "There," Liam used Zero's arm to point straight ahead.

They saw a shed which looked old, even the wood was splitting and tearing down.

Quickly, they went to the shed and opened the door, and Liam's heart instantly dropped.

The body wasn't there.

As Jesper and Alexandria stood next to Zero/Liam while La was waiting outside.

"...No- No, no, no!" Liam felt confused. "I was right here! This is the exact place I left my body!"

Jesper didn't want to think Liam was lying and was hoping he wasn't, and was quite relieved when he realized he wasn't being lied to. Alexandria knew Liam wasn't lying, as well. It seemed La did, too.