Prologue

Friday, November 16, 1984
?

Third Person POV
Sitting in a small room with mirrors on the floor, walls, and ceiling, were two girls.

One was in a wheelchair, simply resting her hands on her lap. She had long, dark, frizzy hair, dark brown eyes, and looked almost numb. She had on a pair of black glasses, as well. One of the lenses was cracked.

The other was standing next to her, and her hands were uncontrollably trembling. She had short, dark hair in a pixie cut, hazel green-brown eyes, and looked exhausted. Her right ear had a large bandage and piece of squared cotton covering it. She couldn't hear through that ear.

They were both facing one wall, their bony selves being still. The two of them were young, but pale, like the grey pallor of death.

And on the other side of the mirror they were facing, was a man. He was tall, skeletal, and was wearing a neat suit. He had pasty, slate grey skin, and long, sharp fingers. He had black hair with dark blue roots, and had a black button for a left eye, while the other eye was covered by a vertical half mask that covered half of his face. His mouth and nose appeared as if he was half skeleton. He had spider legs poking out of his back, which he was using to stand instead of his other two feet. There was a dark, but thin layer of darkness surrounding him, like a shadow if it were an aura. There was a small amount of water looping around his left wrist, appearing as a bracelet.

     "Think carefully. Should you reject the faith, even this once, you can never pass through the Gates of Heaven," said the man with a button for an eye.

Glaring up at the man, the girl with the uncontrollable shaky hands says, "Do you think, those who were among the faithful, would ever go as far as to summon someone like you?"

The man chuckled at her reply. He asks, "I will ask once more. Do you two wish to become Light and Dark; Ocean and Moon; Yin and Yang; Merry and Mourn... Life and Death?"

     "We do. Now, stop asking these tedious questions and let us know if we have a deal," demanded the girl in the wheelchair.

A wide grin slowly crept onto the man's face as darkness began to consume the mirrored room, until it became pitch black.

{ End of Prologue }

"Do you want to hear about the deal that I'm making?"

(Read description before continuing)