Chapter 3: 1155 451208

Friday, May 17, 1985
8:15p.m.
Cabin, Bluebell Forest

Third Person's POV
Jesper had finished dinner, and was just sitting in his room finishing up late assignments for school while Zero was watching television and their guardian, LeAnna, was washing the dishes.

He was feeling only slightly stressed, but it was nothing out of the ordinary when it came to schoolwork.

Then, when he heard footsteps outside crunching the leaves, his body shifted and he sat up, looking straight at his window.

He felt as if he was being watched all day, though. So he thought it just had to be paranoia, but was proved otherwise and startled him when he saw a figure pass by the window. He could tell, since he saw a shadowy figure move in front of the moonlight reflecting onto the window.

Jesper sat up a bit, dropping his pencil on his desk. He looked at the pencil, then looked at his door. His attention went back to the window, he grabbed the scissors, that were in a pencil-holder-cup, and suddenly vanished, only to reappear outside of his window.

A fort he and LeAnna had built over a year ago was near, and when he was searching for whoever/whatever was out here, he was going towards the fort.

He was very aware of his surroundings, being on-guard and cautious.

It wasn't long before Jesper approached his fort.

He super hesitantly peeked into the fort, not seeing anything different... Except for a handheld mirror lying on the pillow, even though it wasn't there the last time he was in this fort, which was only an hour ago.

Then he quickly got a feeling like someone was behind him, and he almost instantly turned around, holding the scissors up and preparing to use them as a weapon.

But he didn't see anyone or any animal. He only heard two pairs of footsteps walking away.

Melancholy Woods

"Whoa! Look at this!" Naomi chuckled as she looked at an old record-player, while she and Norman were in the treehouse they had found, as she stood next to a large mirror that was as tall as a door.

They had flashlights with them since it was getting dark.

Norman walked over to Naomi, looking at the record player. "Ooo... Whoever comes here definitely has an odd collection of things, seeing as they have a collection of silverware."

"Y'know how to work one of these things?"

     "I think so."

He was reaching over to the record player, but froze standing there when he heard rustling outdoors. He stood silent, then looked at his older sister.

"Naomi, I think something's outside..." Norman said quietly, feeling frightened already.

"You heard the rustling, too?" Naomi asked, with a worried expression on her face. She grabbed her flashlight, switching it on.

Norman then says, "I told you we shouldn't have come at night! It's scary out here."

     "I know, I just didn't expect anything to happen. Sorry. But we'll be fine, okay? Just let me handle this the dumb way since I can't think of anything else right now."