Chapter 11: His Eyes Are Everywhere

Monday, May 20, 1985
3:10p.m.
Treehouse in Melancholy Woods

Third Person's POV
School had ended only 10 minutes ago, but the kids were all eager to talk to Zero, who Alio and Jesper had heard and seen on the other side of the mirror Tui and La gave them.

Alio, Anne, Jesper, Klaus, Naomi, Norman, and Rei were with Tui and La in their treehouse. "Zero" wasn't with them.

"Here you go." Anne handed Tui and La a walkie talkie. "It's so you can talk with us while you're there."

La took the walkie talkie. "Thank you."

"Mhm! Rei volunteered to be the one to let you guys use her walkie when we made the plan, so yeah."

Jesper looked a bit impatient. He thought Tui and La noticed when they stepped towards the large mirror.

"Good luck," said Norman, with a warm smile on his face.

Then, Tui and La stepped through the glass mirror, now on the other side of it.

?

After stepping through the mirror, Tui and La wound up in the dimension where they had seen Zero with Alexandria, Joker, and Mizuki.

Moments later, they had arrived at the same circus tent from yesterday.

La switched on the walkie talkie, letting the others at the treehouse listen to the conversation.

     "Oh! Yes, I do have a friend named Klaus! He got lost here a few months ago... Or, well, I suppose last year, in human-world-time," they heard Mizuki say.

Treehouse

Anne and Jesper looked at Klaus as he just stared at the walkie talkie. Norman and Rei were just confused as to what Mizuki meant by "human-world-time".

     "I wish I could have helped him, but I was terribly wounded. I am assuming you know of him, since you got lost here when he was found?"

     "Yes," they heard the soft familiar voice stammer, Zero's voice, "my friend Jesper found him... and... I found Jesper in this mirror..."

Alio, Naomi, Jesper, Klaus, Norman, and Anne looked at the handheld mirror Jesper brought with him. It was facing the ceiling, everyone was out of view. They knew if they revealed themselves, they wouldn't be sure to trust everyone with Zero. But they saw Mizuki in the mirror.

     "That's Mizuki?" asked Alio. "She looks as innocent as she sounds. What's with the mask?"

Klaus shrugged. "I dunno."

     "I have met Jesper. He is kind! But I have never seen this before," Mizuki handed the mirror to someone. "Magic-Man, have you seen this?"

They saw Joker show up on the mirror.

Naomi's eyes widened a little. "That's the guy you saw-?"

Jesper instantly nodded. "Yeah."

Joker had just stared into the mirror, seeming to know something was wrong.