⁓ Captive⁓

A girl curled up in a ball tries to peer through darkness and tears. Shackles restrain her ankles and wrists, and the frosty metal bites her tender skin. She sobs when nothing comes into view. To an outsider, the light pink of her hair and the bright green of her eyes would be the only thing visible. Unfortunately for her, no one can enter this dark cell.

Sometimes, familiar voices reach her ears. That's how she's gathered that many days have passed since her arrival. Five days, she reckons, maybe six. She cried when she recognized her parents, cringed when she heard Naruto's cheers and whined at Sasuke's harsh tone. She misses them, even the ones she hasn't met yet—like Hatake Kakashi.

The girl cannot keep her teeth from chattering or her limbs from shaking. Even her breath doesn't seem to warm her anymore. She wants fluffy blankets and hot chocolate. She needs the warmth of her father's hugs.

The girl engulfs her head between her knees and pulls at her hair, another sob escaping her mouth.

She cannot take it anymore. Five days without food or water, without moving or talking. She knows something's not right. Humans cannot live without water for that long.

At first, she thought someone had put her inside a genjutsu. Now, she doesn't know what to think anymore. She's tried everything she knows, and nothing's changed. She's still bound to that wall with no strength left to scream. She can only pray that one day, someone will hear her and come to her rescue. How pathetic.

But at least, if there's one thing she's confident about, it is the power of her inner voice.