Chapter XX

𝓢𝓪𝓼𝓾𝓴𝓮 𝓬𝓪𝓷'𝓽 𝓼𝓪𝔂 what brought him here. He was aiming for the training ground when he diverted his path at the last second, then wandered until his feet took him to the hospital. He was already climbing the stairs to Sakura's room when he finally noticed what he was doing.

And now he's standing in front of her door, his feet glued to the floor.

What is he doing here?

There's no reason for him to see her. When he woke up in his own hospital room four days ago, Naruto told him Sakura was doing great, that they were keeping her only at her parents' requests.

That's all there is to know... right?

Sasuke jerks around, ready to leave the hospital before someone can see him, but the door to Sakura's room opens at the same time. Against his better judgement, he glances behind, and his heart sinks deep in his stomach at the sight of long brown hair and lavender eyes.

"Uchiha," the other boy says, nodding.

"Hyūga," Sasuke answers through gritted teeth. "What were you doing?"

Neji shrugs and walks past him. "I came to see Sakura."

Then, he continues his course under Sasuke's heavy glare and keeps silent until he reaches the stairs.

"See you around."

The black-haired boy keeps glaring long after the Hyūga has left the hospital. Seeing Neji exit Sakura's room puts things into perspective for the Uchiha, and after a while, the boy changes his mind again, strides to the door, and enters without knocking.

He steps inside and notices the emptiness of the room. Someone's tucked the sheets perfectly under the mattress, and there's no trace of Sakura's belongings.

Did she jump over the window or something?

He peeks outside at the busy streets, frowning, but jerks his head around upon hearing a door open and a feminine shriek. Sakura is halfway out of the bathroom with a hand to her heart, wearing a shirt two sizes too big and black bicycle shorts, the hospital gown hanging from her arm.