Chapter XIII

"𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓰𝓲𝓻𝓵'𝓼 𝓼𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓽 is getting stronger, senpai, but not closer."

Kakashi, busy analyzing Hawk's map, tenses.

"What? What does that mean, sensei?"

When the silver-haired man keeps his mouth shut and his eyes glued to the little pug, Naruto jumps in front of him to attract his attention.

"Sensei?"

"Nothing good, Naruto," he says after closing his eyes in defeat. "Nothing good."

Blood, that's what it means.

But Kakashi cannot find it in himself to give Naruto the complete answer. Saying it would make it real, and Kakashi cannot afford that. The last time Sakura got hurt, she almost died in Sasuke's arms...

"Maybe we should forget about the map," Hawk says, interrupting Kakashi's recalling of Waves. "I'll help you circulate through those woods while your ninken shows us the way."

"But what about Bear?" the silver-haired man asks, not caring about the answer.

If the guy wants to help, Kakashi will gladly accept it. The sooner they reach Sasuke and Sakura, the better.

"My birds haven't seen or heard anything in a while. Hopefully, your students will have some intel."

"Alright," Naruto exclaims with a snap of his fingers. "Show us the way, doggy!"

Pakkun closes his eyes in irritation, but when his master calls his name, it sounds more like a plea than an order, and the dog seems to forget about Naruto's rudeness and hurries to lead them to the girl's powerful scent.

𝓣𝓱𝓮𝔂'𝓿𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓻𝓾𝓷𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 for a while in complete silence when Pakkun stops, his muzzle up in the air.

"They're moving. I can smell the two kids with that Anbu boy."