⁓Envy⁓

The room is cozy, with a crackling fireplace and comfortable armchairs to sit and wait. Everything looks luxurious, yet there's still an inexplicable warmth, a homey vibe to this place. Two red, velvety curtains drape the only window. Through it, one peculiar sight is getting the full attention of the sole person in this room, a young teenager of average size, average look.

Hana is lying on the floor with her head resting in one hand and her fingers playing with a thread of the Persian rug. Her chestnut hair, tucked behind her ears, stops at her chin, and a crease has formed between her two bushy eyebrows. She's nibbling at her bottom lip, a bad habit she's picked up recently, thanks to a girl with pink hair that enjoys watching her reflection too much, yet never seems satisfied with what she sees in it.

The scenery outside would look weird for anyone peeking through the window, but not for Hana. Her dark brown eyes follow the sinuous cave, narrowing every time they glimpse a boy's back and a white and red fan. When said boy glances behind and his eyes land on her, she blushes, and a groan escapes her lips.

It's not that she likes Sasuke per se. But she likes what she sees in his eyes: the softness, the caring, the longing even. And the whole situation is confusing her; she knows those looks aren't meant for her, but she's still receiving them every day, and it's growing on her.

And it's not that she hates Sakura per se. But, dammit, this girl is lucky. She has everything: a family—even two if you count Team Seven, friends that have her back, and boys fawning over her everywhere she goes. She has their undivided attention—not always in the way she wants it, but still.

Sometimes, when Hana's stuck in this room for too long, she starts thinking it's better than nothing. Then, she has to refrain from switching back to real life, from joining those she's watching through that window, day and night.

She doesn't know why she's even agreeing to this. Since the first day, she's been asking herself that question. Why is she being nice to Sakura? Who cares? Does she?

No. Hana never cares.

With a hitch in her breath, the girl watches as Sasuke offers his back to Sakura. Hana leans forward when Naruto and Kakashi approach with worry in their eyes. The older man ruffles the girl's hair, and Hana can almost feel the touch, a small smile stretching on her lips.

Hana runs a hand through her hair as warmth engulfs her, but freezes when she glimpses her short, dark locks. The corners of her mouth fall, and she retreats to one chair, where she sits, her knees up to her chest.

There, with no one as a witness, she allows the tears to fall.

To anyone asking, Hana would say she never cries. And maybe before, it was true. But since she's gained this body, this new life, Hana's crying more with every passing day.

At first, she didn't even understand what was happening to her. Then, she thought she was crying over her deceased father, the love of her life. Later, she put the blame on her mother's treason. Or on boredom, frustration, anger.

Between two hiccups, Hana peeks through her hair at the window in front of her. The curtains are now drawn, which means Sakura's eyes are closed. She inhales deeply, and a sob escapes her mouth at the familiar scent of pine engulfing her nostrils. Her eyes widen, and a hand slams on her mouth.

Hana knows why she's crying.

She's always wanted it. The love, friendship, and devotion. All of it.

But now that she has it, it's not even hers...

Yes. Hana knows why she's crying.

It's not out of self-pity. It's out of guilt.

If she wants, she can have it all. The body, the life, the love. She knows how to do it, always had. And it's getting harder to fight.

The more she craves, the less she cares.

But they would notice...

Would they?