⁓Tsukuyomi⁓

The sky is red.

The ground is black.

Shackles restrain Sakura's ankles and wrists again, but she knows this time she's not stuck in a mental prison, or at least not in the usual one. She tries to wriggle out of her binds but freezes when she hears an empty laugh beside her ear, the person's breath grazing the skin of her neck.

"You don't seem too fazed about them," a man hums.

A pull on the chains startles Sakura.

"Are we used to being restrained, Sa-ku-ra?"

A hand crawls up her arm, then tangles in her shoulder-length hair before ascending to her neck and grabbing her chin. Sakura is forced to look in the man's direction and tenses upon recognizing Itachi.

"Where are we?"

"Inside your head, little girl," he answers, releasing her.

She gulps when he rounds her form and bends at eye level.

"You know, I could pierce your tiny body, again and again, until you reach the brink of madness, but something's telling me you'd be hard to break."

He uses a kunai to trace the scar on her collarbone.

"I have a better idea. Why don't we invite some of your friends to join us?"

Giant wooden crosses appear all around her. Her eyes, however, stay glued to the one in front, to her mother hanging by the wrists.

"Mommy? Mom? Wake up!"

Sakura lurches forward but is pulled back by the chains. She tries summoning chakra as Itachi lurks toward her mother with his blade still out.

"What's happening to me? Where's my chakra? Where are we?"

Her mother wakes up with a gasp and rests an icy glare on her daughter.