Chapter VII

𝓗𝓪𝓷𝓪,

We haven't met yet, and by the looks of it, we won't for quite some time. I heard you agreed to share—

Sakura pauses mid-sentence and glares at the words. She hears the streets bustling through her bedroom window, and the smell of spices and fresh bread emanates from the bakery downstairs. Letting the familiar setting ease her nerves, she inhales deeply and readjusts the grip on her pen.

I heard you agreed to share my body until Kakashi-sensei finds a solution. Thank you. Please be as transparent as possible throughout this process. I'm sure you understand my concerns. As much as I wish you to be happy and have your own body, I mostly want my life back. That's why we should keep each other posted on anything important that happens. They released me from Konoha's hospital a few hours ago, and the scar's here to stay. Also, a man named Danzō will monitor our movements, so if he summons us while you are in charge, don't go alone. Bring sensei or the boys with you. And try to act as I would. Be respectful, please. The Elders can decide to close my parents' business.

P.S. Be nice to Sasuke. He's important to me.

Sakura folds the paper and reclines in her chair. If her words portray a collected and mature young girl, the feelings she's experiencing are utterly different. In truth, she thinks Hana is ruining her life and finds it difficult to accept the idea of sharing.

Everybody knows Haruno Sakura is selfless. And maybe that's why she acted so composed around Kakashi when he first presented her with his plan. But she will lose half of her thirteenth year, her first moments as a genin, while also slowing down her training progress. Who would be okay with that?

And to top everything, the Hokage and the Elders now see her as a potential threat. There is always the possibility of being thrown in jail, and her parents losing their bakery.

Sakura engulfs her head in her hands and does a couple of breath cycles to soothe her nerves, but her mother's shrill voice soon interrupts her work.

"Sakura! One of your teammates, Naruto," she hears distaste in how the name is pronounced, "is waiting for you in the kitchen. I have to go back downstairs. Can I trust you?"

"Of course!" Sakura walks to her mirror and fixes her shirt before storming out of her room with dreading curiosity. She enters the small kitchen and meets Naruto's cerulean eyes. He looks tense with his hands clasping his knees, his lips pressed in a thin line.