Chapter XXIII

𝓗𝓪𝓷𝓪 𝓱𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓼 𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓹𝓲𝓽𝓪𝓵𝓼. They never bothered her before, but now that she's spending most days stuck in one, she's learned to hate them.

She sits up, tries to ignore the sudden dizziness, and peeks at the form lounging in the chair beside her bed. Sometimes, she wonders what everyone sees in that pathetic excuse of a boy. But at other times, she cannot refrain from admiring his handsome features and messy black hair that would somehow look ridiculous on any other head. Even when he's fast asleep in a chair, he's flawless.

She would have preferred that Sakura falls for a guy like Naruto. The blond would be snoring, mouth wide open, and drooling all over the armchair. But instead, Hana feels things she's not supposed to for a jerk with the looks of a Greek god.

As if he could feel the heat of her glare on him, Sasuke stirs awake and rests two tired ebony eyes on her. It takes a few seconds for him to register that she's awake, but when he does, he jumps out of his seat to tower over her.

"What's happened?"

Hana has to remind herself his concern is not for her well-being before a blush creeps to her cheeks. She shifts back and away from his tempting form, body heat, and soft touch, and leans against the wall behind her bed.

"That's a good question," she answers, avoiding his gaze.

Then, she notices the tree facing her window, and her eyes trail to the familiar rooftops behind it.

"We're back in Konoha."

"Yes," Sasuke responds before sitting back in his chair and resting his head in his hands. "I carried you home. Naruto and Jiraiya left to get the woman."

Home.

It's nice to hear. It almost feels like Hana belongs somewhere. But deep down, she knows Konoha isn't her home. The people here know her as Sakura or the girl ruining Sakura's life. How could she ever feel at home in a place where no one knows her?

Home is where the love is. And as much as Hana cares for the members of Team Seven, she has to accept that the feeling will never be mutual.

"What are you thinking about?"

She lifts her gaze and notices Sasuke's intense stare.