𝚃 𝚆 𝙴 𝙽 𝚃 𝚈 - 𝚂 𝙴 𝚅 𝙴 𝙽 : 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚜

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"FIVE?"  AN INTRUSIVE VOICE SAID, waking Jane up.  That night she had fallen asleep on one of the recliners in Morty's rather than going back home.  She tiredly lifted her head and opened her eyes, seeing a short blur open the fridge and throw back a water bottle, downing its contents.  She looked to where the voice came from and saw Luther on the couch, looking over to the kitchen.  He glanced over at her in confusion and when she blinked a little harder, she realised the blur was Five. They lugged themselves up from their respective resting places and went into the kitchen.  "Five, what--" Luther cut himself off as he tilted his head in confusion.  Five was still chugging water down.

"Are you okay?"  Jane asked and Five finally lowered the water bottle from his lips, gasping for air.

"I'm gonna need to be hydrated."  He replied, putting the water bottle back in the fridge with a sigh.

"Hydrated?"  Luther asked, but Five didn't answer.  Instead, he went over to the table, picked up the baby powder and began shaking it into his sleeves.  "What's with the baby powder?"

"It'll help with the itching."  He replied vaguely and Jane tilted her head, eyes narrow and mouth agape, trying to form words.  She thought she had gotten used to people doing weird things--Klaus being the primary person doing said things--but she hadn't seen Five like this.

"What itching?  There's itching?"  Luther asked again and Jane shook her head.

"Five, what is this?  What's going on?"  Jane asked, stepping forward and taking the baby powder from him.  Then her concern dissipated into realisation. "You have a plan."  She said and when Five didn't answer, instead continuing to adjust his clothes, she continued, "Care to share?" 

Five huffed and picked up his jacket.  "Well, it's a desperation move, but since our brain-dead family is incapable of meeting a simple deadline, I got no choice."  He said, going into the living area, Jane and Luther close behind him.  "I have to find myself."  He said and Jane's eyes widened and she shook her head.

"But Five, wait!  You said--" Jane started, but she noticed Five strictly avoided her eye contact.

Five pulled out his watch and checked the time.  "I just arrived in Dallas 15 minutes ago."

Jane grabbed his arm.  "Five, stop.  You said that you can't meet yourself because of the six stages."  Jane reminded.

"Seven, actually."  Five corrected.

"Should I be worried about you two?"  Luther asked, but they ignored him.

"Five--"

"Janie, I don't like it any more than you do, but we have no choice."  Five said, finally meeting her dark brown eyes.  "Besides, you'll be there to keep you sane."  He said with a reassuring smile, slipping his jacket on.

"I'm starting to think that's my purpose in life."  Jane joked with a sigh, still not on board with this plan.

"Do either of you want to explain what the hell is going on here?"  Luther asked and Jane turned, almost having forgotten he was there.

Five sighed and began to stretch as he explained.  "Luther, if you recall, I was sent to 1963 on a job by the Commission to make sure the president was assassinated."

"Oh!  So, wait, your old self is out there."  He realised and Jane rolled her eyes.

"Yes, Luther, try to keep up."  Jane muttered, throwing her head back in annoyance.