𝚂 𝙴 𝚅 𝙴 𝙽 : 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚓𝚊𝚗𝚎

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

FIVE BURST INTO the academy and ran down to the hospital wing. Allison called Luther, telling him that they found Jane, but that Klaus was still missing. Now, Five was running down to find her, fearing the worst.

As he opened the doors to the room, he found Pogo and Allison standing around a cot which he could see a body laying down on, but he couldn't see her face.

"Five, wait--" Allison tried to slow him down, but he teleported through her and was met with a heavily injured Jane. She had a multiple bruises on her face and arms, a bandage around her neck from the wire they used to to strangle her, bandages covering burns from being electrocuted on her hands, and the old bandage from when she was shot in the shoulder.

Five lips pursed and his breathing became unsteady as he gently grabbed and held one of Jane's bandaged hands. Allison gave his shoulder a comforting squeeze.

"Is she gonna be okay?" He said quietly.

"Yeah, she'll be in pain when she wakes up, but she'll be okay." Allison replied.

"Good." Five voice grew darker and he turned around, revealing his furious face. "Because I want to be able to tell her when she wakes up that I put bullets through the heads of the people that did this to her." Allison's eyes widened and he just looked back at Jane before teleporting out of the room.

"Well, I'm not sure what else I was expecting from Five." Allison sighed and looked down at her sister that it came across that she hated, but secretly loved and cared about. "Can you go talk to him?" Allison asked Luther who was still standing in the doorway.

"I don't even know where he is." Luther said, shrugging.

"Where did Jane go when she found out about Five?"

"His room. So Five..." he trailed off.

"...would be in her room." They said in unison.

"Got it." Luther nodded.

𖥸

Five slowly opened the door into Jane's room. He hadn't been there since he first came back and was just now realising how everything was still the same as when they were kids. Except on her bed was an open scrapbook/journal that he immediately recognised as the journal that Jane, Ben, and himself kept as kids.

He was flipping through the pictures when he heard Luther knock on the partially opened door.

"Come in." Five said quietly and Luther stepped in, slightly ducking through the doorway.

"How are you doing?"

"Gee, Luther. I don't know. One of my brothers is missing, my best friend is in a coma after being tortured because of me, and the apocalypse is in four days. How should I be doing?" Luther stood there helplessly, not being able to think of an immediate response.

"Stressed out, pressured, angry?" Luther guessed and Five looked down at his hands as Luther sat next to him on his bed, causing a loud squeak in the springs or the bed. "You know, before you passed out drunk, you told me that you loved how kind and how innocent Jane is." He reminded Five, causing him to turn a little red. "I remember as kids the first time she killed someone she had a really bad panic attack after. Do you really think she'd want you to go and kill people in her name?"

Five clenched his jaw and glanced at the pictures Jane pinned onto the wall mostly of him, her, and Ben, but some of the other siblings. Five was silent as he thought of what Jane would do.