𝚃 𝙴 𝙽 : 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

WEDNESDAY, 8:15am (again...)

"Hey, what are you doing?  Hold the phone.  We all died fighting this thing the first time around."  Klaus pointed out.  "Remember?"

"Klaus, shockingly, has a point."  Diego agreed.  Jane sighed and leaned back in her seat, her itchy bandages making any position uncomfortable.  "What gives us a win this time?"

Suddenly, in a blast of blue, Five crashed onto the bar, seemingly out of nowhere, causing everyone to jump.  "Je-Jesus!"  Klaus exclaimed. "You guys, am I still high, or do you see him, too?"  He asked.  No one answered, but Jane jumped up and ran to the bar, giving him his answer.

She caught him before he fell off the bar, holding his shoulders, steadying him.  "Five, where have you been?!"  She cried, her voice cracking and quiet as she wrapped her arms tight around him.  She pulled back just enough for her to examine his face for any scratches.  Instead, she just found rubble and dust.  "Are you all right?  Who did this?"  She asked, adrenaline racing through her body, putting her in a frenzy. 

"Irrelevant."  He shook his head, turning to the rest of their adoptive family, his arm around her shoulders.  "So, the apocalypse is in three days.  The only chance we have to save our world is, well, us."

"The Umbrella Academy."  Allison nodded.

"Yeah, but with me, obviously."  Five said as Jane handed him a cup of water.  "So if you all don't get your sideshow acts together and get over yourselves, we're screwed."  He told them, pausing to take a drink.  "Who cares if Dad messed us up? Are we gonna let that define us? No."  Klaus agreed, shaking his head.  "And to give us a fighting chance to see next week, I've come back with a lead."  He proudly held up a piece of paper that was slightly burnt on the edges, not helping Jane's worry.  "I know who's responsible for the apocalypse.  This is who we have to stop."  He handed it to Allison.

"Harold Jenkins?"  She read. 

"Who the hell is Harold Jenkins?" Diego asked.

Five put his glass down on the counter and shrugged. "I don't know yet. But I do know that he's responsible for the apocalypse." He said, and Jane looked up at him with determined eyes.

"So we have to find him." She followed and he looked down at her, a smile twitching at the corners of his mouth. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't incredibly relieved that Jane was alive. Just the thought of there being a timeline where she died, scared the crap out of him.

Snapping out of his gaze, hoping he wasn't staring for too long, he nodded, "Yeah..." and looked back at the others, "and we have to do it now."

"How is he connected to what's gonna happen?" Luther asked.

Five knew part of the answer from the file. He knew that if he hadn't come back, Jane and Harold would be dead and the apocalypse wouldn't have happened. Which means he just has to be alive. "I don't know."

"Wait, so you just know his name? That's it?" Diego asked.

"That's enough."

"There's probably dozens of Jenkinses." Diego threw his arms up in frustration.

Five, was going to fire back, but Jane stopped him by moving her hand to his chest. "Well, we just better start looking, then." Jane told them, a hopeful smile on her face. This time, Five couldn't stop his smile.

𖥸

"Am I the only one that's skeptical here?" Allison asked and Five winced, holding his side that was near Jane, who was still next to him. She looked up at him, eyebrows pinched, silently asking if he was okay and he nodded. "I mean, how exactly do you know all of this about—what's his name?"