𝚃 𝚆 𝙴 𝙽 𝚃 𝚈 - 𝚃 𝚆 𝙾 : 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚓𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝟷𝟸

𝚂𝙿𝙾𝙸𝙻𝙴𝚁 𝚆𝙰𝚁𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝟸 𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎𝚜 𝟷-𝟺

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

AFTER CAREFULLY PEEKING over the stone wall that surrounded the consulate, Diego, Lila, Five, and Jane hopped over the wall and snuck to hide behind a car.  Diego at the front, they watched intently as people entered the large mansion.

"So what's the plan?"  Lila asked.

Without taking his gaze off the building, Diego replied softly, "We infiltrate, we identify, we extract.  Double time."

Lila nodded, but then turned back to Jane who was crouching behind her.  "What the hell's he talking about?"  She asked.

"Find the old man and get out fast."  Jane clarified and Diego rolled his eyes and looked back at them.

"That's what I said."  He looked back at the mansion.  "On me."  He cautiously and briskly moved to the next car and Lila looked back at Jane and Five again.

"After you."  She offered and Jane went ahead, but Five stayed back, waiting for her to go and shooting her a glare.  "What, I can't be polite?  You the jealous type?"

"Cut the crap."  He snapped, and she feigned confusion.  "All right?  My dimwitted brother and gullible girlfriend might buy your bullsh**, but I don't trust you for a second."

"O ye of little faith."

"Stick it up your a**."  Five said with a sarcastic smile, turning to see Jane looking confusedly at them, waving for them to follow.  After a roll of her eyes, Lila followed, with Five behind her.  From there, they snuck around to the side of the building where they slinked into the building and joined the party.

They decided to split off into pairs, Diego with Lila and Five with Jane.  "Diego, try not to do anything too stupid."  Five cautioned before they split.  Lila chuckled and Diego gave a sarcastic smirk and Five offered Jane his arm as they walked back towards the foyer. 

There they found a staircase leading to the next floor with a chain blocking it off.  "Looks like we're not meant to go up there."  Jane said with a wink and Five chuckled, turning to look around for any pressing eyes, knowing their apparent age could raise some questions.  After briefly looking around, Five raised the chain and Jane crouched underneath it and scurried up the stairs, Five close behind. 

Hearing the distant hum of the mariachi music downstairs, they peeked around the corner into the hallway as a group of men shuffled into a room and once the door was closed, they emerged into the hall.  Jane looked to Five and, sensing his nerves about potentially seeing him, she offered her hand.  Snapping out of his trance, Five gave her a soft smile and took her hand, teleporting them both into the closet inside the room.  After getting a grasp on her surroundings, Jane joined Five in peering through the slits of the door into the room.  They found the group of men sitting or standing around a lounge room, all silent, listening intently to one of them speak.

"The president is continuing to make inquiries into Roswell and the other crash sites, gentlemen.  And, as you know, we cannot allow him to get his nose into our business.  I've confirmed the motorcade will indeed be turning left on Elm Street.  We'll have our people in place."

"Gentlemen,"  Jane's heart stopped at the familiar, condescending tone, "this plan of yours seems ill-timed."  Reginald commented.

"It's going to be a turkey-shoot."  Another agreed.  As Reginald began to pace and he revealed his face, Jane stumbled back, but Five caught her and pulled her close to his side, clamping his hand over her mouth to muffle her gasp and hyperventilating.  Hearing the clatter from the closet, Reginald took long strides to the closet door with a fire beater and squinted into the closet.  Suddenly, Jane saw him thrust the beater at the door before blue flashed in her eyes and she found herself back in the hallway.