𝚃 𝚆 𝙴 𝙽 𝚃 𝚈 : 𝚍.𝚜. 𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚞𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚌𝚘.

𝚂𝙿𝙾𝙸𝙻𝙴𝚁 𝚆𝙰𝚁𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝟸 𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎𝚜 𝟷-𝟹

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

USING THE CAR Diego and Lila stole, Diego drove Five, Jane, and himself to D.S. Umbrella. Jane noticed Five was slow to get out of the car and his grip tightened as they walked onto the sidewalk that led up to the building.

"'D.S. Umbrella.' This is it." Diego said, walking up to the door. Jane and Five followed, but when Five's eyes landed on the sign outside the door, he lagged behind, tugging Jane back with him. Diego noticed this and looked back at him. "You okay?" He asked, but Five didn't answer and his eyes just darted between the sign and Diego.

He felt his mouth getting dry and Jane could see the colour draining from his face. "Five." Jane whispered and Five's eyes went to her. "Are you okay?" She asked slowly, her voice low and Five took a deep breath and looked away before nodding.

"Y-Yeah, fine." He said quickly, but Jane tilted her head to meet his eyes again. "Just..." Five added, but his voice trailed off and he sighed, looking back at the building. Jane followed his eyes and then realised what was going on.

"Hey," she said quietly and Five looked back at her hesitantly, "I'll stay right with you, okay? I promise." She assured him and he nodded, letting her lead him up to the door as Diego attempted to lockpick it.

"How long has it been since you saw the old man?" Diego asked, having caught on to Five's hesitance too.

"Forty-five years." Five replied.

"That's a trip." Diego chuckled lightly.

"No kidding." Five agreed with a sigh and Jane used her free hand to rub comforting circles into his shoulder and she felt the tension loosen slightly. After a moment, Five spoke again, "You know, when I was stuck out there in the apocalypse, there wasn't a day that went by where I didn't hear his voice in my head." He said, his voice quivering towards the end and Jane's brows furrowed, not remembering him telling her this.

"What was he saying?" Diego asked and Five clenched his jaw.

"'I told you so.'" He replied and Diego scoffed softly.

"Well, if Dad's here, he's never met you before, so he can't say 'I told you so'." Diego pointed out and Five cocked a brow.

"I'm sure he'll find a way." He denied and looked away from Jane and Diego's sympathetic looks. After a moment, he disappeared in a flash and reappeared inside.

"Right." Diego grumbled, causing Jane to chuckle lightly as Five opened the door for them. "Gotta remember that." Diego entered first and Jane took Five's hand before going in after him, giving him a reassuring squeeze, to which he forced a smile.

They found the whole building strikingly dark and Five noticed a lamp and turned it on, only for it to turn off seconds later. "Sh**." He said, the three of them looking confusedly at the lamp.

"Guess Dad wasn't much for home decor." Diego commented and Five looked around suspiciously.

"It feels more like a front."

"Front for what?" Jane asked.

"I don't know."

Diego hummed in agreement, looking around before saying, "Well, I'll take the left. I'm assuming you two want to have your 'Bonnie and Clyde' time or whatever so you can take the right." Jane and Five rolled their eyes as Diego opened the door to the hallway on the left. "Yell if you, uh... get in trouble." He added halfheartedly before disappearing through the door.