𝚃 𝚆 𝙴 𝙽 𝚃 𝚈 - 𝚃 𝙷 𝚁 𝙴 𝙴 : 𝚟𝚊𝚕𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚊

𝚂𝙿𝙾𝙸𝙻𝙴𝚁 𝚆𝙰𝚁𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝟸 𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎𝚜 𝟷-𝟻

𝚆𝙰𝚁𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙶: 𝚜𝚞𝚙𝚎𝚛 𝚞𝚗𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚏𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚞𝚗𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

IN THE MORNING, Jane and Five went back to Morty's and found Luther there with Diego and Elliot.  Jane made sure to stay on the far side of the room, but didn't bother hiding her tense glares towards Luther.  It got to the point where she had to get a piece of paper and she just started folding it in miscellaneous directions, creating different animals and shapes before undoing over and over.  In the back of her mind, she heard the conversation happening in the room.

"No, no, no, I don't understand.  They keep following me."  Diego said.

"Wait, who?"  Luther asked.

"Those Dutch sociopaths."

"Swedish."  Five and Jane corrected in unison and Five continued explaining, "Hired guns paid to eradicate us before we do any more damage to this timeline."

"Yeah, but why now?  I mean, I'm..."  Diego trailed off angrily, snapping his fingers, "...fine for three months until you showed up."  He said, pointing accusingly at Five.

"Yeah, I was here for a year and no one messed with me."  Luther said, his condescending tone being the final straw for Jane.

Jane ripped the paper, her tension getting the better of her, pulling attention to her as she crushed it into a ball and threw it into the recycling.  "Listen, dipsh**, they weren't assigned to us, they were assigned to Hazel, then Hazel found me, which led them to the rest of us.  They've been on my a** for the whole time and they're the reason Hazel is dead.  So if you really want someone to blame, blame me."

"Your fault, Hazel's fault, my fault, it doesn't matter!"  Five pressed, looking at her reassuringly.  "What does matter is that we only have six days before the end of the world, and the closest anyone's gotten to Dad was that driveway at the consulate."

For a moment, there was silence, but of course, it had to be broken by none other than Luther.  "Well..." he trailed off with a sigh, "...that's not exactly true."  Five, Diego, and Jane looked over at him in confusion and turned to him. 

"What do you mean?"  Diego asked.

"I saw him."  He replied simply before delving into a story about how he found Reginald and told him that he was his son from the future, only for him to tell him to get lost.

"That's pathetic." 

"Yeah, well, at least he didn't shank my a**."

"No, bro, he shanked your heart."  Diego told him and for a brief, fleeting moment Jane actually felt an ounce of sympathy for him, but then she went back to folding her new piece of paper. 

"Is that my bathrobe?"  Elliot asked from the doorway and Luther looked up at him, a large bit of scrambled eggs in his mouth.

"No."  Luther replied after a moment.

"Look, who cares what he shanked?  He knows something about time travel."  Five said and Elliot hummed in confusion as he raised his hand.

"Um.  Wait, why don't you just do your thing and, uh, time travel us out?"  Elliot asked and Jane muttered 'oh my god' under her breath.  This was not the first, nor second time he asked that.