𝚃 𝚆 𝙾 : 𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚍𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝚒𝚜 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚍

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

JANE'S EYES NEVER left her hand as Diego wrapped it up. Because she was in her glass form, her hands began to crack and from that, she fractured her knuckles--something that Diego sees a lot of working at a gym. Diego sighed when he finished and looked up at his sister.

"Give him a chance to explain, Jane. I'm just as upset as you are, but like I said earlier, if Five had a chance to come home, he would've taken it."  Jane just nodded.  Diego pat her shoulder and stood to go to the door only to find Five standing there.  He warned him on his way in.  "15 years.  That's how long I've had to answer her phone calls in the middle of the night to her crying that she misses you.  Altogether, that's 17 years of hearing our sister cry because of you.  So, you have some explaining to do.  To her and to me.  Got it?"  Five gulped and nodded.  Diego let him enter and left the two alone.

"I..."  Five started.  "I don't know where to start."

"How about by telling me where the hell you were for 16 years, 4 months, and 14 days?"  Jane looked up at him with a tear-stained face. 

Five was speechless for a moment, not expecting her to know exactly how long he was gone and it made him regret leaving even more. "The future.  I tried to jump back, but I couldn't."  Seeing that Jane wasn't satisfied, he continued, "I was stuck in the future for about 45 years before I was finally able to come back, but I tried every minute of every day to come back, I swear to you, Janie." 

Jane looked into his desperate eyes and saw the same boy she'd been waiting for for 17 years.  Her eyes began to pool with tears again as she jumped off her bed and wrapped her arms around him.  Five was caught by surprise, but was hit with a wave of relief and hugged her back.

"It's been so long, Five."  She cried into his shoulder.

"I know, I know."  Five padded her long blonde hair.  "I'm so sorry."

Meanwhile, Diego never left the doorway and let out a breath when he realised Jane wasn't about to kill Five, something he could totally invision her doing.  He then quietly went downstairs to meet up with his siblings in the kitchen.

𖥸

About 2 hours later, Five explained where he was to the rest of his siblings and then got dressed the only clothes he had that fit, his Academy uniform.  As he looked at the outfit in his mirror, he heard a gentle knock on the door.  When he opened, he found Jane in a short black dress and black tights. 

"We're meeting outside for the funeral now."  She informed and Five nodded, but just looked back at his reflection. Jane furrowed her brows and touched his shoulder. "Five? Are you okay?"

"The others don't believe me." Five sighed looking at his feet.

"What?"

"While you were resting, they held a family gathering and had me explain where I went. None of them believed me, they looked at me like I was crazy." Five looked up at Jane.

"I don't think you're crazy." Jane said, interlocking their fingers together. "I think I might understand more than anyone else how time is a crapshoot. After you left, I researched time travel and timelines as well as alternate universes."