𝚂 𝙴 𝚅 𝙴 𝙽 𝚃 𝙴 𝙴 𝙽 : 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚍

𝚂𝙿𝙾𝙸𝙻𝙴𝚁 𝚆𝙰𝚁𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚂𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝟸 𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟷

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

ON THE FIRST of April, 2019, the Earth was destroyed in a cataclysmic event. Billions of people were wiped out in a matter of minutes. Ironically, the seven survivors of the apocalypse were the very siblings who brought it on.

25 November, 1963

Five let out a grunt when he felt his knees scrape against pavement, but the first thing he did was look for his family. Wherever he was, he was alone. Did he fail? Did only he come out? He looked up at the blue flashing portal as it disappeared, but no one came out after him. As the ringing in his ears faded, the sound of gunfire made his head ache. He looked around more carefully and found himself in an alleyway and when he looked out onto the street, he saw that it was in ruins. God, not again... he thought to himself. But then he saw a soldier run past waving a red flag--the Russian flag. Following him was a tank and several other soldiers.

Five limped out onto the street, jets flying overhead. In the rubble, he spotted a newspaper. He scrambled to it and read the headline. "'Soviets attack US'?" He read and got back up to his feet and looked around. "No, this can't be right." He muttered. Soldiers shouted all around him and the buildings were in flames, that must be right, but Five was confused all the same. "What the hell did we do now?" He asked, but just after he did, a loud bang pierced through his ears and he flew back.

Behind him, the tank had fired, but before the giant bullet could hit anything or anyone, a figure dressed in all black with dark hair, white eyes, and pale skin floated up and reached their arms out, demolishing the bullet. When Five squinted, he saw that it was Vanya.

Near her was Klaus and as soldiers ran towards him, he too reached his hands out and behind him, ghosts of American soldiers ran forward to attack the living Russian ones.

From behind him, a soldier aimed a rocket launcher at him, but before it could hit him, Luther jumped in from seemingly nowhere and took the blast for him, letting out a scream. Klaus gave him a look, silently asking if he was okay, to which he nodded.

When soldiers ran up to them, octopus arms reached down from the roof of a building near them. It was Ben, in ghost form of course, and he tossed the men aside like they weighed nothing.

On the other side of the tank, Allison stepped forward calling, "Hey!" to three nearby soldiers who turned around. "I heard a rumour... that I blew your minds." She said and on cue, the three men's heads glowed blue before exploding.

On top of a nearby car was Diego and what must've been ten soldiers raced up to him and fired. As Diego leapt from the car, each bullet curved out of the way and into the body of one of the soldiers that surrounded him. When he landed, he seemed to just notice Five's presence. "Five! You sick son of a b*tch, where the hell have you been?" He yelled.

Before Five could answer, from behind him, he heard, "Five?" and spun around. It was Jane. She was alive, only a faded scar across her face showed evidence of her past brush with death. She seemed slightly older, her blonde hair had grown and gone a little darker, but maybe that was just the dust from the battlefield. She, like the others, wore all black, something Five had never seen her do, but he liked it. They both smiled, but then Jane's eyes flickered behind him and her smile fell. "Watch out!" She transformed into a sort of blend of her two forms, her left side metal and her right glass. From her right hand, she produced a glass ball which she slammed into the head of the soldier behind him (who must've lost his helmet in the chaos). Like the heads of the hydra, when that soldier dropped unconscious, two more ran up. From her left hand, she produced a metal bat and swung it at one of them. When the other jumped on her, holding her in a chokehold, she flipped him over and hit him with the bat as well.