𝚃 𝙷 𝚁 𝙴 𝙴 : 𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚋𝚞𝚕 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

THE TWO ADULTS trapped in children's bodies walked in the empty shop called, "Griddy's Doughnuts" and sat down in the bar seats. Five rang the bell and another man around Five's true age sat next to them as a kind looking woman in a pink uniform walked out from the back of the store.

"Sorry, the sink was clogged." She pulled out a notebook. "What'll it be?"

The old man spoke up first, "Uh, give me a chocolate éclair."

"Mm-hmm. Sure." She scribbled the order into her notebook. "Can I get the kids cups of milk or something?"

Five and Jane looked at each other, then back at the woman.  "This kid wants coffee.  Black.  That kid wants tea.  Mint."  Five said, unamused and Jane's heart warmed at him remembering the tea she would always get from here as a kid.

"Cute kids." The woman smiled awkwardly and Five and Jane forced their most innocent smiles.  Then the woman left to get them their orders.

Five sighed and looked around the store.
"I don't remember this place being such a sh--hole." He said, mostly to Jane, but the older man could clearly hear. "Remember when we were kids, we would sneak out and come here?"

Jane smiled disgusted, and nodded, "And we would eat doughnuts till we puked? Yeah, I remember. It's locked in my brain." Jane chuckled.

"Yeah, simpler times, huh?"

"Yep." The man shot the two kids a confused look, but then looked at the woman who came out with the éclair and two drinks.

"I got theirs." The man pushed forward some money and the two looked at the man, confused.

"Thanks..."  The two said in unison. While Jane began sipping her tea, Five kept his eyes on the man.

"You must know your way around the city."  Five said, noticing his uniform for a towing company.

"I would hope so, I've been driving for 20 years."  He replied.

"Good.  I need an address."

𖥸

Not long after the man gave Five an address for a department store, the man left Jane and Five to drink their coffee and tea alone.  Or so they thought.

"Why do you need to know where that store is?"  Jane asked.

"I need to find an old friend."  Five replied, looking at his mug and noticing 3 extra reflections in the bell on the counter.  "Hmm.  That was fast."  Jane looked at Five, confused, but then noticed the gun pointed at her head.  "I thought I had more time before they found me."

"Let's be professional about this.  On your feet, come with us, and the girl doesn't get hurt."  The large man holding the gun to Jane's head said.

Jane noticed Five's jaw clench.  "Why?"

"They want to talk to you." 

"I have nothing to say."

"It doesn't have to be this way.  You think I want to shoot a kid?  Go home with that on my conscience?"