𝚃 𝚆 𝙴 𝙽 𝚃 𝚈 - 𝙵 𝙸 𝚅 𝙴 : 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚜𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚛

SPOILER WARNING for season 2 episodes 1-6
(do I even have to put these anymore since I'm taking an ungodly amount of time to write?)

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"TO MY PURSUERS: I, Reginald Hargreeves, request the pleasure of your company for a light supper on the 20th of November, 1963, at half past seven o'clock. 1624 Magnolia Street, Dallas, Texas." Jane had to read it another five times before she fully grasped that what she just read was real.

"Diego, this is a setup." Luther said and Jane glanced at Vanya who looked back with the same look of contentment before looking up at Diego who threw on his shirt. They obviously didn't think it was such a bad idea. Jane agreed with Five that going to him is probably their best bet.

"Maybe. But we should go anyway." He shrugged.

"Says the guy who already got stabbed once this week." Luther countered and a small smirk twitched on the corners of Jane's lips.

"Oh, don't worry, me and him are gonna have words."

"Would one of you tell him that he's nuts?" Luther asked, looking to Vanya and Jane but they both shrugged.

"I think we should go." Vanya said and Luther looked at Jane in desperation.

"And I agree." Jane added, causing Luther's eyes to widen.

"See?" Diego said with a triumphant smirk.

"Vanya, of all people, you should hate Dad the most, but Jane, you are a close second." Luther told them.

"Come on, can he really be that bad?" Vanya asked and Jane hesitantly looked away. Yes. Yes, he could. Yes he is.

"Hm, let's see. He isolated you from the rest of the family,"

"Kept you hopped up on pills." Diego added.

"And brainwashed you into thinking you had no powers." Jane said quietly and Vanya's eyes widened.

"Jesus, this guy..." she trailed off in shock.

"Yeah." Luther replied, glad to potentially have someone on his side.

"I mean, come on, I have to meet him!" Vanya exclaimed, causing Diego and Jane to smirk.

"You already know how this is gonna go." Luther pointed accusingly to Diego. "Dad is gonna play all his little mind games on us, get into our heads, and he's gonna turn us all against each other. You watch."

"Luther, we're not 12 anymore. All right, we're grown a** men." Diego told him and Jane cocked a brow, leading him to add, "And women," but he added under his breath, "despite some of us being in 13-year-old bodies."

"Okay, technically, I'm in a 14 and a half year old body!" Jane corrected, but Diego ignored her and focused on a distraught Luther.

"Hey." He beckoned, but Luther wouldn't meet his gaze. Placing his hands on his knees, Diego leaned down to meet Luther's level since he was sitting in a recliner. "Hey." Luther hesitantly looked at him. "We can handle him." Luther shook his head and looked back down at his food. "Wanna know what's different this time?"

"What's that?" Luther asked, his mouth full.

"You got me." He told him and looked over at Jane and Vanya who sat side-by-side on the couch. "We go in there as a united front. No more 'Number One' 'Number Two' bullsh**. From now on it's..." he paused and sat down on a chair, thinking for a moment, "Team Zero."