𝙽 𝙸 𝙽 𝙴 𝚃 𝙴 𝙴 𝙽 : 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚎𝚕 𝚏𝚘𝚘𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚎

𝚂𝙿𝙾𝙸𝙻𝙴𝚁 𝚆𝙰𝚁𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝟸 𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎𝚜 𝟷-𝟸

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

WHEN FIVE WOKE up the next morning, the first thing he noticed was that Jane was gone and he leapt from the bed, stumbling slightly as he made for the door. "Jane?" He called, swinging open the door, immediately being met with the smell of bacon.

"What?" She called back from the kitchen and Five let out a sigh of relief, slumping against the doorway.

"Nothing." He sighed, running a hand through his hair and Jane came from the kitchen holding a plate with eggs, bacon, and toast. "What time is it?" He asked, taking the plate hesitantly.

"Oh, uh... just past nine thirty, I think? I woke up around an hour ago, I figured you'd need your sleep after the past couple days." She replied, speaking a bit louder as she went back into the kitchen to get her plate. Five shrugged in agreement, he'd never verbally admit it, but she was right.

Just as she left the kitchen again, they heard the radio go off. "Attention all units, we have a code 3-15 at the Holbrook Sanitarium." It said and Five raised a brow, going over to it.

"Is that..." he trailed off and Jane nodded.

"The police, yeah. Hazel always had it tuned onto the police radio frequency just in case it mentioned anything about you, the others, or the Commission." She replied, her voice muffled by the bacon in her mouth.

"What's a code 3-15?" Five asked and Jane picked up the paper that had the key for some of the codes. When she read it, she had to read over it again. "What is it?"

"Fugitives on the run." She said and they both shared a knowing look before listening closely to it again.

"Twenty-five patients still at large. Many are considered armed and dangerous." At that, Five immediately put down his plate and left for the bedroom.

"Five, you need to eat!" Jane chastised, following him to stand in the doorway as he put on his tie and vest.

"I'll bring the toast, but you heard it! That's probably Diego and if all units are responding and if he's as stupid as usual, he'll probably get caught." Five told her and she walked away, muttering under her breath. She knew he was right, but she was really looking forward to eating her eggs and bacon. Maybe tomorrow... she thought, but she knew that with Five back, it probably wouldn't happen then either.

𖥸

It didn't take long for Jane and Five to figure out where Diego was. He was sitting in a car with some woman they didn't know outside the place Oswald worked at. Five teleported them into their backseat as they talked. "Then why are you doing this?" The woman asked.

"Because he's an idiot." Five replied, causing the woman to practically jump out of her seat and spin around to face the two of them.

"Who the hell are you?" She asked in shock and the two waved, smiling.

"Hi, we're some of his adoptive siblings." Jane greeted.

"'Some'? He has more than two?!" She asked, looking between the three of them confusedly.

"The name's Jane. This is Five." Jane said, shaking her hand.

"They left me to rot in the nuthouse." Diego spat, turning to glare at Five.

"To protect you from yourself." Five retorted.

"That's quite sweet." The woman said, giving a hesitant smile and Diego turned his glare to her.