Arc 1 Chapter 1: Coming of Age

A young Toshinori Yagi was walking through the streets of Musutafu. He was on his way to school at the greatest Heroics course, U.A High. Toshinori was fortunate to have a quirk, but it was weak at first. But thanks to the guidance of a pro hero who took him on as her apprentice, it became stronger. To make sure he wasn't late, he decided to take a shortcut. He then heard a scream. He heard a cry for help, and he needed to see what it was.

He followed the sound of the scream and found himself in an alleyway. He saw three goons looking for trouble. They were surrounding a girl with green hair. She looked like she was wearing the same uniform as he was.

One of the thugs came closer to her.

"Hey mates, look who we have here,a hot chick," he said to other thugs, "How about you take away our stress by using your body, huh."

The girl backed away even further. The leader realized he needed to get serious. He pulled out a knife. He then got closer, much to the girl's horror. Toshinori decided to play hero. He started to buff up into a muscular form of himself.

"If you don't give me what you got, then I promise you, it's gonna hurt," he said.

"Pardon me for butting in, but you should know that guns are dangerous," said a voice.

The three goons turned to see Toshinori in his muscle form. He also made his voice sound different in order to disguise himself.

"Especially in the hands of the untrained," he continued, "Now would you be so kind as to explain why you are harassing this young lady?"

"Uh we were just horsing around," one of the thugs said, secretly scared.

"Does she seem like she's having fun?" Toshinori asked with a vein in his head.

The other two goons were too scared to answer his question. Toshinori stepped forward, ready to give them a pounding.

"I'm late somewhere and I really don't wanna have to do this," Toshinori said, "So why don't you all move along and stop bullying this young girl."

The leader came to him with a knife swinging it around, showing he means business.

"Get back punk!" he said, "I'm warnin' ya!

Toshinori was unphased by this threat. He took the knife from his hand and broke it into pieces with his bare hand.

"......Right," the thug said.

Toshinori then raised his hand up doing an uppercut showing what his quirk can do. He used a small amount of power so he didn't cause collateral damage. If the thugs weren't scared before, they certainly were now. Toshinori bent down to them.

"This is the part where you run," he whispered.

The thugs started to run away. Toshinori gave a hearty laugh. He then turned to the girl who they were attacking.

'Who is this angel'

"Are you alright, miss?" he asked her.

The girl looked up and nodded.

"I'm fine, thank you," she said, "You saved me."

"It's all part of the job," Toshinori said as he gave her a trademark smile, "Are you on the way somewhere? Perhaps I can take you there."

"Well, I was on the way to U.A," the girl said, "My name is Inko by the way."

"And I am a pro hero just on patrol but I don't really have a name for myself yet," Toshinori said, "Jump on and I can give you a lift."