Arc 4 Chapter 3: The Fighting Rounds

Arc 4 Chapter 3: Fighting Rounds.

After a short break, the 3rd round began. It was a fight tournament to see who would make it to the top. Izuku was one of the contestants who qualified for the last round, along with Yusuke, and others. The first round was Izuku vs Shinso a student from the General Education course.

"Good luck kid," Yusuke said.

"ALRIGHT! ON MY LEFT, WE HAVE THE MASTER OF MIND CONTROL, HITOSHI SHINSO!!!!" Present Mic shouted. "AND ON MY RIGHT, WE HAVE THE STRONGEST BOY IN CLASS 1A, IZUKU YAGI!!"

The two contestants walked out into the stage. Shinso looked at Izuku with a deadpanned look.

"So how about you give me everything you got," he said, "Its not like you can beat me anyway."

"Oh! You'll see how wro-..." Izuku said but didn't finish.

"Got you!" Shinso said.

"Crap! I forgot to tell him!" Ojiro said.

"Tell him what?" Uraraka asked.

"About his quirk!" Ojiro said, "He can control the minds of his opponents!"

"Now. Walk off the stage." Shinso said.

Izuku started to walk out. However he soon stopped as he heard the voices of his friends telling him to stop.

"Deku don't let him win!" Uraaraka shouted.

"Come on Izuku you can do this!"

Izuku knew he had to win for the others. He turned around and went Full Cowling. He dashed back at Shinso hitting him with a 5% smash. He then tried pushing him off of the stage.

"Why don't you take the honor instead!" he said trying to force him down, "I envy you all. You all have great quirks and amazing abilities, and you all get to live your dreams!"

'I'm not gonna lose!!' Izuku thought.

He used his Force quirk to pull Shinso towards him. When he was close enough, Izuku then channeled 6% of OFA into both his arms and punched Shinso with a hook. The force was enough to push him out of the ring.

"Shinso is out of bounds!!" Midnight said, "Yagi advances!"

Izuku walked up to Shinso.

"By the way, don't let this loss get you down. I think your quirk is incredible for hero work!" Izuku said holding his hand for him to grab and get up.

Shinso smiled. "Thank you Yagi," he said.

As Izuku went to the back, someone confronted him. It was Todoroki.

"So you managed to win," he said.

"By dumb luck yea," Izuku answered.

"Back in the cavalry battle, you overwhelmed me so much that I nearly broke my own pledge to never use fire," Todoroki said, "You know that my father is Endeavor, the second best hero, and I know your father is All Might. If that is the case, then all the more reason for me to defeat you, right here."

Little did the two of them know that their fathers were having another conversation. Endeavor was dead set on making Todoroki use his fire and surpass All Might.

"All he wants is to be stronger, and he wants to enforce that on me as well," Todoroki told him, "Because he could never beat All Might, he wants me to do it for him. But I plan to show him that I can rise to the top with my right side only."

"I've had people on my side to help me, and they're the only reason I'm here right now," Izuku told him, "My dad, I wanna be a great hero like him and I know it's not as big of a goal as yours, but.... I don't intend to lose."