one :)

Quite Miss Home - James Arthur

"Wake up shit head." Asher yelled, waking me from my slumber.

"Go away." I mumbled into my pillow. I couldn't do this today, not today.

"Get up!" He yelled once more, making me want to desperately claw his eyes out.

"I said go away!" I yelled, turning my head to look at him standing in my doorway.

"Mom mom wants you up."

"Okay, Asher, just go away!" I yelled once more, drawing my grandmother's attention.

"What's going on?" She asked, walking up behind my older brother.

"She's being moody again Mom mom." He explained with a shrug.

"What's goin on, Asterin?" The woman asked kindly.

"I just want him out of my room." I whispered, rolling onto my sode and ignoring the rest of whatever they had to say. I decided to text Izzy and Caroline due to my boredom and crippling anger with my brother. I don't even know why im angry, i just kind of am.

My Ladies 💫
CareBear, IzzyGlizzy, Aster-tincan

Aster-tincan
i wanna hurt my brother.
ft?

IzzyGlizzy
sure. im at school so instagram is necessary.

CareBare
it's literally 6am. what do you people want.

IzzyGlizzy
when its 12pm for me 😎. Im at lunch and it's so loud. Im getting such a headache.

Aster-tincan
aight. join the calls fuckers.

IzzyGlizzy
prick 🙄

I switched the app to Instagram and started a call within our groupchat. The pair joined rather quickly. Izzy was walking down a hallway while taking to someone and Caroline was doing her small makeup routine.

"I assume Care is getting ready for her in person school day and Izzy is leaving the lunch room." I said, knowing the girls all too well. Izzy gave a slight nod and played it off well. They're not allowed to call people during their school at her college, but she has disobeyed that rule multiple times.

"Izzy's really getting good at hiding her head nods." Caroline remarked with a smile. Izzy rolled her eyes and as she walked into her class and sat down, she started texting the group chat.

IzzyGlizzy
hey, so me and my amazing wonderful annoying ass boyfriend are filming tonight. its him tubbo and ranboo
its his usual modded minecraft but with a twist, would you guys do me the honour of joining me?
please? i have no other friends to play with

"HA IZZY IS LONELY!" I yelled, laughing at the fact.

IzzyGlizzy
AM NOT! I WAS JUST WALKING WITH MY FRIENDS SHAWN AND FELICITY!
YOU GUYS ARE NOT MY ONLY FRIENDS UNLIKE FUCKING ASTERIN YOU STUPID WANKERS
okay i have to pay attention so please do me the honours of being quiet in my headphones please <3

"Got it." Caroline laughed. She finished her makeup and started to blowdry her wet hair. She muted her mic as to not make too much noise.

"Isabella, why is your phone on your desk?" We heard a voice say. I busted out laughing and muted quickly.

"Because the bell hasn't rung yet so i-"

"Do we need another conversation with your mum?"

"No maam, i'll put it away."

"I suggest you do. So today-"

"Poor izzy." Caroline said with a laugh. Izzy's end was completely unmuted but completely black. Caroline and I talked quietly for a bit. before she had to go for school purposes. Her school starts so beyond early and i just don't attend my classes.

I decided to read Ace. A wattpad book ive been putting off reading for such a long time. Ive just been too busy to do so with trying to find a job and soccer practices ans going to my brother's volleyball games. It's just been so much lately.

I read it until i heard Izzy start speaking to me.

"Care had to go i guess?" She asked, walking out of the building.

"She did, sorry im reading you know how i get." I responded slowly before closing the application and going onto facetime.

"I know, i actually am probably gonna head out too. Tommy is walking me home and then were off to Will's house for spring break." She said with a smile. Something about that sentence was off, but i didn't question it. I could feel it in the way she spoke. In the way i felt her stomach fill with sudden nerves. I just left it alone, what else was i to do? Question her? no

"I have to go as well actually. Im applying to more jobs and Mars is coming over to give me homework answers." I lied with a smile. She nodded and we both bid our goodbyes.

I laid in my bed for hours, falling asleep a few times. I had motivation to do nothing, not even read anymore and on top of that i was sick.

Aunt Darla was coming over later so we could have the bi-weekly facetime with Uncle Jimmy. He'd been gone for almost a year now. Actually, today marks a year since he'd been deployed. News flash, it doesn't get easier to deal with.

———————

I woke up and the sky was dark. I wiped my face and felt disgusting. I picked up my phone and checked the time.

8:57 pm
Tuesday January 16, 2021

It dawned on me what was going on and just how much time we had left.

three fucking minutes and not one person woke me up.

I walked down the hallway and heard the computer click shut. I decided not to say anything and just grab a drink. Though my anger really just threw the fridge open and slammed it shut.

"Asterin-"

"Don't." I said angrily.

"Asterin, his time was limited honey." My Aunt Darla said softly, as if that would make me feel better?

"Your point? I havent seen him in a year but not one person has considered how that makes me feel. Not one person has asked, hey asterin are you okay? And not one of you tried to wake me up."

"I mean you knew the time."

"SHUT UP! THAT DOESNT MEAN YOU DON'T TRY TO WAKE ME UP! THATS MY UNCLE! THE ONLY FATHER FIGURE IN MY LIFE BESIDES POP-POP! GOD YOU'RE ALL SO GOD DAMN INCONSIDERATE!"

"Lamguage, Asterin."

"I dont give one fuck, Mom Mom." I said before going to my room and slamming the door shut. I heard Mom Mom start yelling, but i couldnt care less. I started pulling everything off the walls and off of my bed. I was gasping for air as I sobbed but i refused to stop until everything was everywhere. Asher came in my room at some point and constricted my entire body, holding me in one place.

"They didn't even tell me, Asher. Why is that fair?" I asked quietly, gripping onto his arms that were around me.

"I know it's not. He even asked about you, asked where you were because you don't miss even one call." Asher said softly. "That's just what Mom Mom said though, I had just gotten back from dinner with mom. She's fucking insane by the way."

"I know she is, thats why i don't associate with her." I said, laughing softly.

"Let's clean up your room, then you can come play minecraft with me downstairs." He said, letting me go and helping me stand. He helped me clean up and we both walked downstairs, avoiding everyone in the living room. Well, I did, i ignored everyone who tried to talk to me. We walked into his room and he distracted me for the rest of the night.