twenty-three

I Wanna Dance With Somebody - Whitney Houston

Asterin Heart
asterins_heart
I don't have a date to prom. life is rigged ig bc wtf is this?

Izzy's beanie is at Ash's house
izzys_beanie
I'd go if I was still there :(
|
Asterin Heart
asterins_heart
I'll fly you out bae
|
Izzy's beanie is at Ash's house
izzys_beanie
I have formal too :(

I sighed, turning off my phone and setting it on my end table. I wasn't actually upset I didn't have a date to prom. In all honesty, I wasn't gonna go. Just sucks when I know me and Izzy plan on going together at some point. Either this year or next and this year is off the table ig.

I miss Izzy now.

I pulled out my phone and texted Ranboo. If I can't cheer me up I know who can.

Rite-Aid Boy <3

wyd?
im sad
I miss izzy
cheer me up fucker

busy planning sum
but I'll be there in about an hour and a half
time may or may not change

ugh fine
I'll entertain myself until then

thank you kindly ma'am

yeah yeah rich tall boy

I turned off my phone and threw it across my bed. I got up and walked to my setup and played Minecraft until Ranboo got here. Why not, yk? I upgraded my armor, Izzy's armor, and Caroline's armor. I would have had enough time to do Kai's, but Ranboo got here when I was about to go mining for more netherite.

"Boyfriend's here!" Asher yelled. I rolled my eyes with a smile and walked into the living room. I was sporting some very ripped jeans and a pink floyd shirt. I slipped on my shoes and walked out to his car. When I got in he smiled at me.

"Let's go to the park." He said, backing out of the driveway. I didn't realize he meant to the park in San Francisco. So we detoured an hour for a park we could've easily went to in San Jose.

When we pulled up, we went to a place that held no people and sat down at the picnic tables. He put on I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston and set the phone on the bench. He stood on the table top and extended a hand to me. I smiled and took his hand, stepping on the table. He danced me horribly on the table and pulled me closer every time it shook. He spun me around, dipped me down, brought me up, and spun me around again.

"I wanna dance with somebody, Asterin." He whispered in my ear, pulling my body flush against his as he stepped down onto the bench. "Would you be my star and dance with me at prom?"

To say I melted was an understatement. I was a whole damn puddle in his arms as he held me. I was breathless, the nickname, the song, the way he asked me. No cameras, no people, just us. A moment in time I would remember forever.

"As long as you guide me." I responded, breath shaky as my arms stayed around his shoulders.

"You need no guiding, Star, you're the light that shines on my path." He whispered. I pulled my head back slightly and smiled. I leaned in, closing the gap between our lips as the song started again. It was only our second kiss, but it was perfect and indescribable.

"I wanna dance with somebody." I whispered when I pulled back. He smiled back at me and tipped his forehead to rest against mine.

I would replay this moment if I could, and suddenly everything faded out. It was just us, only us as we continued to sway to one of the most upbeat songs ever. I genuinely didn't care about the hour long ride it took to get here or the fact that we'd have to drive an hour backrest to get back to my house. All I cared about was me and the boy I was definitely falling in love with. All that mattered was us, right here right now.

———

"I wish we could just be together all the time." I said, staring up at the sky with a smile. Me and Ranboo were laying on floats in my pool as we stared at the sky. Izzy and I did this a few times, but it was different with Ranboo, more intimate. It could be because our hands were connected and beneath the surface of the water, but whatever.

"Me too, to be honest." He replied. I looked over at him and saw he was already staring at me. I could se the moon's reflection in the water and it reflected perfectly onto my face. This man was my moon, the one who's helped the wreckage in my life. The one who's made me feel better about myself.

"You're gorgeous, Star." He whispered, scanning my face. His eyes flicked here and there, but I didn't even care.

"Right back at ya, Carter." I whispered back.

"We're really going to prom together." He whispered, a smile lighting up his face.

"We really are." I said, admiring his smile.

"Alright kids, inside!" Mom Mom yelled from the back door. I let go of Ranboo's hand and quickly tried to get my float to the other side of the pool. Pushed him off his raft and scrambled to get up the ladder. Ranboo immediately grabbed my waist and pulled me under once he came up.

"That was rude!" He yelled as I squealed. We both laughed as we splashed one another, getting our clothes soaking wet.

It was nice, being able to feel like I can just be me with him. We got out after a few minutes and walked up to the porch. Towels were hanging off the railing and I thanked Mom Mom in my head. I dried off before making a run for it to my room. The air conditioning chilled my skin, but I grabbed dry clothes and walked into the bathroom. I hung my wet clothes and grabbed Asher's clothes I stole from him to give to Ranboo.

Once he was dry we laid in my bed together, my head on his chest with his arms around me.

"Goodnight, Star."

"Goodnight, Boo."