four :)

Dont Give Up On Me - Andy Grammer

"Ow, Asterin." Asher complained as I wiped off his hand.

"This is your fault, fucker. Why did you even punch him? If i was in trouble you would have known."

"He gave me weird vibes. Asterin, he was flirting with me on the court." He said in a disgusted voice. I pursed my lips as i held back laughter. I was not expecting that.

I finished cleaning his hand and handed him an ice pack. I hit him on the back of the head and he winced in pain.

"That's for being stupid, goodnight." I whispered to him as I walked into my room and shut the door. He walked downstairs to his room and I called Mars, my only in person friend.

"Mars, I met that boy again. This would be the third time." I said with a sigh, setting her up on my bedside table.

"So? Did you get his number?" She asked excitedly.

"No, fucking Asher punched him and the boy apologized and walked back inside. Im pissed off about it because like, i'll never get this opportunity again."

"You never know, its a small world, Asterin."

"I guess."

—————

"You ready?" Mom Mom asked as we drove to San Francisco. I shook my head, obviously not ready. I didn't even know what to be ready for if im honest.

"You'll love it, i promise." She spoke with a smile. Asher was in the back, picking a song from my playlist and all i could think about was rite aid boy. it'd been at least three weeks, but there was no sign of him. He obviously didn't live around San Jose anyway.

The hour long drive was one i didnt like. I was anxious the entire time due to my lack of knowledge on everything happening. Plus, i'd be staying with my aunt Darla for a week and my uncle isnt there.

"So today I have a surprise for you as well as tomorrow. Consider them late birthday presents, if you will." said Mom Mom. Asher was smiling in the back and I just watched as the familiar neighborhood that my Aunt lived in came in view.

As soon as we pulled up, i remembered so many good memories. So many times i got taught how to fix a car, how to start a car, how to jump start a car, how to hot wire a car, etc. All good memories with my uncle. i miss him.

"Come on!" Asher said, grabbing my hand and pulling me inside. The sky was dark and Mom Mom has asked me to stay awake whenever we got inside, but i couldnt. I knocked out as soon as Asher and I figured out what bed we wanted.

—————

"Wake up! This is your commander speaking and we have some cars to fix up!" I heard a very familiar voice yell out.

"Go away, Uncle Jimmy." I said tiredly.

"Really? That's all i get? A "go away?"

"Yeah, its just a dream, innit?" I asked, rolling over and realizing he was standing in front of me. He was fucking standing in front of me.

That was all it took for me to be awake. I threw the covers off of me, stood on my bed, and jumped onto him, wrapping my arms and legs around him. Yes i was sixteen and being held by my uncle, do i give a flying fuck? not one.

"Hey, Star." He said softly, hugging me tightly. That was it, that was all it took for me to start sobbing. It's only 6am, i woke up five minutes ago, and i was sobbing.

"You're home."

"Im home."

"For how long?"

"I got an extension for my leave. About three to four months, Killer. Im home for a good three to four months." He spoke softly, and for everything good in this world i became grateful. I became grateful for my uncle, grateful for my brother and family, grateful for mars and izzy and caroline and kai, grateful for rite aid boy.

"I miss you."

"I know, Killer. We have to fix up my pal's car today. Just me and you while he's out if town with his family."

"Just me and you?" I asked softly. He nodded, sitting down on my bed and just hugging me through the well needed silence. And thats how i knew, if this surprise had me crying so will the next one.