nine :)

Right Where You Left Me - Taylor Swift

"Hey Asterin, i have a weird question.." Carter said as he pulled me aside.

"What's up?" I asked, he seemed nervous and I was praying it had nothing to do about the fact that i slipped up and called Uncle Jimmy, Dad.

"Can I drive your car? It's such a nice fucking car. Im not a car guy unlike so many people, but i have wanted to drive a car like yours literally since i got my permit. If im overstepping just say so." He said with a soft smile.

"Yeah, but im in shotgun." I said, smiling ag him. He would be the second other person to drive my car besides me. My uncle Jimmy drove it first of course.

"Alright, who's going with Jimmy who's going with me?" Will said as we caught up to the group.

"Me and Ranboo are with my Uncle Jimmy. Anyone else can join as well." I yelled.

"No fuck you, the brits will be in a car then. Tommy said in an offended tone. I shrugged and informed my uncle that Ranboo would be driving. He shrugged and simply asked for him to drive well before throwing the keys to him. Ranboo caught them and got into the car, starting it with a nice hum. God how i loved that sound.

"YEAH! I DID THAT SHIT!" I screamed excitedly. My uncle laughed from the back seat.  We drove through to the Hotel and ended up beating Will. My music blasted through the speakers as my phone was connected to the aux.

"So i have the key to my room, so we can just go up now if you want. Can't promise its clean, Tommy and Tubbo were last in it." Ranboo said as he got out of the car and threw me the keys. After i made sure everything was perfect with my car, we walked upstairs to the hotel room.

The hotel they were staying at was nice. It was huge and crowded, but very nice. I expected nothing less from the millionaire youtubers.

"Alright, in we go." Ranboo said as he let us in. The room was fucking huge. It had two beds, a couch, a balcony a tv, two dressers, suitcases and clothes laid on the floor.

"This is huge." I said in awe. We'd never been able to properly afford a big hotel room like this so i'd always have to share the couch with Asher.

"I know, most hotels in San Francisco are. Anyway, im gonna shower. You guys can do whatever. Will's room is through that door right there." Ranboo said, grabbing some clothes and a towel before walking into the bathroom.

I walked onto the balcony and looked over the city ive grown to hate. Yes, hate. It reminds me of my uncle and i refuse to coincide with that sometimes.

"You okay?" My uncle asked, watching me watch the cars speed past.

"Yeah, i just know I have to go home soon and all of this will end." I said in a soft voice. It was Saturday, I have to leave tomorrow.

"We have a few months, Star. We have time before i get deployed again."

"That's never a guarantee and you know it. Do not get my hopes up, don't you dare do that" I said, putting up my walls again. It hurts every time because he always gets pulled early and I always know its gonna happen but never seem to fully accept it. Im not doing it again, i cant.

"Don't go getting defensive, Asterin. This is what i signed up for, you know that."

"I never signed up for this. I never signed up for the pain. I never fucking asked for this."

"Watch your language."

"Yeah, whatever." I said, leaning on the balcony with my back to my uncle. I didnt wanna fight, but it hurts. It hurts so bad and he just doesn't understand.

"You're thinking i don't understand it right? That i dont know what kind if pain you're going through when i leave? That i don't understand how you feel?" He said, not moving a muscle from the chair he sat down in.

"Yeah, yeah i am thinking all of that. Because you don't, you don't get it. It's not the same for you."

"You think it doesnt hurt me to leave my children?"

children?

"You think it doesn't hurt me to see my kids hurt?"

kids?

"you think im okay leaving you guys behind? Waiting for me to call or for my commander to call with a death announcement? News flash, its not all sunshine and rainbows for me either, Asterin."

"You only have one kid, by the way." I said, wiping my eyes discreetly.

"This us where i tell you to shut your fucking mouth. I may only have one kid but i raised you and Asher, Star. I may only have one fucking kid that is my blood, but to hell if you're not my kid too." He said, hitting a limit and finally going inside.

I could hear the hotel door slam shut and i jumped, afraid i'd just done it for him and made him leave like my dad did. Tears started falling from my face. I just ran him off too.