twenty-one :)

See You Again - Carrie Underwood

The days passed by, hours counted down, seconds ticked past. Somehow, the entire time felt like a high I'd never come down from, and yet here I am saying goodbye to my best friend in the airport and crashing, hard.

This experience has been surreal, it's felt fake. But these feelings, these feelings are so fucking real.

"I don't want you to go." I whispered, holding off my tears. I gripped the back of her shirt tightly, trying to keep her here longer.

"I don't either." She said, voice shaking as much as her body. I felt the wetness on my shoulder, felt the uneven feeling of her chest as she cried into my shoulder.

"Iz, darling, we have to go." Will whispered softly.

"Promise to come back." I said, pulling away and looking at Izzy's red cheeks and bloodshot eyes.

"I promise." She cried, making my tears fall at the heartbreak in her voice.

"I love you." I said, stepping back out of reach. I stepped back into a tall body. His hand immediately went to my waist, holding me against him as if to take away the pain.

"I will see you again, Ash, I love you." She said, backing away as she trekked deeper into the airport. Once Izzy was out of sight, I turned into the hold of the man behind me and sobbed.

"It's okay." He whispered, engulfing me in his arms.

"No, it's not." I whispered, gripping the front of his shirt as my body shook with sobs.

"Asterin, she'll be back. Even if I have to fly her out myself." He said, chuckling as he ran a hand through my hair.

"Can we just like, drive around or something?" I asked, looking up as I rested my chin on his chest.

"Yeah, we can." Ranboo said, looking down at me with a smile. He wiped my tears away and grabbed my hand as he lead us to his car. "Where to first?"

I took a deep breath, buckling up and staring at the airport doors. "In and Out, I'm hungry and youre paying."

"Okay, love." He said with a laugh, pulling out of the parking spot and driving away from the airport.

I hated this feeling. The feeling lingering deep in my chest that things would go wrong. The anxiety that told em I'd never see Izzy again. The feeling that if we did, it wouldn't be the same again.

I should've listened in hind sight.

———

"Wanna chill at my house?" I asked. The sky was dark and we'd been hanging out all day.

"Asterin, it's 9pm." He laughed.

"And? Stay the night, fucker." I laughed. He sighed and pulled into a driveway. Didn't really realize we were at his house to be honest. That was until he got out and walked inside. He came back out fifteen minutes later with a backpack and I laughed.

"How the fuck did you pull that off? I haven't even asked!" I laughed as he threw his bag in the back.

"Told mom I was staying at a friend's house. Told her I'd be back around five tomorrow. She didn't question it." He shrugged, backing out of the driveway. He had his hand on the back of my seat as he looked out the rearview windshield and glanced at his mirrors. Could he be anymore hot?

"Let me just ask Mom Mom." I said, pulling out my phone and calling her. "Can I have a friend stay the night? We'll sleep in the living room downstairs so Asher can keep an eye on us since he's a boy."

"That's fine, but Asher stays with you guys, I guess. You know this is only because Izzy left today, right?"

"I am completely aware of that." I said with a smile, "Thank you Mom Mom. Be home soon, love you."

"Love you too, hunny." She said before hanging up the phone.

"You're good to go but Asher stays with us and we sleep in the downstairs living room. Asher won't actually stay with us, he and I made a deal a while ago for this specific thing. He'll come out in the morning and put his pillows and blankets on the couch and go upstairs to act like he did sleep with us. I've done it before for him, it's his turn." I shrugged, turning on music as we drove to my house.

The drive was relatively silent besides quiet humming. My body was exhausted, protesting the fact that I was awake the entire drive.

Once we pulled in, we walked inside and I did proper introductions. Pop-pop was already asleep for work, but Mom Mom was awake on the couch watching movies. Asher was in his room and the dogs were all up in my grill.

"Hello, Asterin." She said with a smile, "Who's your friend?"

"I'm Xavier, ma'am. You have a lovely home." Ranboo greeted with a smile on his face. I smiled, both for how he greeted Mom Mom and the fact that I now know his name.

"Welcome in, Xavier. You are free to do as you please, eat when you're hungry and what not. I'm actually off to bed, but it was nice meeting you." She said, standing up and walking over to us. She hugged me and kissed the top of my head. "Love you, Asterin."

"I love you too." I said, hugging her back with a small sigh. She walked down the hallway to her room and I leaned down to pet Winnie and Tilly. "This one is Winnie and this one is Tilly. Tilly's my favorite, but don't tell Winnie I said that."

"I think Winnie heard you." He laughed, leaning down when Winnie walked to him.

"Probably" I said, standing back up as they walked down the hallway to Mom Mom and Pop Pop's room. I walked to mine, giving him a small and quiet tour, before I grabbed my clothes and walked to the bathroom to change. I walked back in and sat on my bed, noticing a beanie that sat on the pillow.

Timer reset to 00:00 of me crying over Izzy leaving.

"She's a prick." I laughed, wiping the tears from my eyes. I put the beanie on my end table and grabbed pillows and blankets and walked downstairs with Ranboo in tow.

"I'll watch a movie with you guys them I'm in my room for the night. I already know you're gonna use your return favor for me so I'm just cashing it in or whatever. I'll make it look like I was here in the morning and just sit at the end of whatever couch you sleep on and be on my phone for when Pop-Pop comes down to check and stuff. One movie and I'm gone." Asher said, already sitting on the couch on his phone surrounded by blankets and pillows.

"Thank ya, Ash." I said with a smile. "By the way this is Xavier. Carter this is Asher. Blah blah blah, we're watching footloose." I said, dropping the blankets and pillows on the couch. I arranged the pillows and blankets while Asher put on the movie. I made it through the movie and afterward, Asher walked to his room. I laid down with my head next to Ranboo's.

"Xavier is a pretty name." I whispered, my eyes fluttering shut as my exhaustion hit me.

"So is Asterin." he whispered back. I felt his hand go into my hair and just like that, I was down for the count.

——

a/n - im only posting this bc ik jo will ask me later and i won't have the time 😂🤷‍♀️